Treebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubadude1188

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've noticed that treebay is a sponser of this forum and was going to look there for cheap gear. Has anyone used it and what are your opinions of it? I'd like to know before I buy something that it isn't going to be a waste of my money.

Used gear

I guess a better question before the previous one is whether it is ok to get used gear or not.

I don't see a problem with buying used gear provided it's gear that's not significant to a person's life, like used climbing ropes, rope snaps and carabiners, etc. Rope snaps and ropes can have issues that may not be apparent to the human eye(hairline fractures/inner fiber deterioration) and unless you know the specific history of the gear, the little savings you may think you enjoy may not be worth it for these particular items. Like anything though, you're never 100% sure of what you're getting used. You'll just have to do your due diligence and ask a lot of questions along with examining or requesting pictures. I've purchased at least 500 items online and have about a 98 1/2% satisfaction rate and that's due to studying prices, asking many questions and closely scrutinizing the pictures diligently... and requesting additional pictures if need be. (Yes, I mentioned these twice!)

Good luck to you,

StihlRockin'

Back