Treemotion or Ergovation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfe2586

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new saddle soon and am torn between the treemotion and ergovation. Im probably around 70/30 pruning to removals. I like the degree of different options to customize the treemotion to your needs but is it rugged? if i had to hang a 44 on it for a period of time will it hold up? Seems like the ergo is a little better built but weighs more and has less options for customization. opinions on the better all around saddle would be much appreciated!!

I have a ergo. It has more options to customize then the treemotion. I hung it both, they are equally comfortable. On the tree motion, the only place you are supposed to hang a saw is on the loop in the middle of your back. The ergo, it doesnt matter where you hang the saw from. Get a ergo!

I've recently borrowed each. One thing I really prefer about the TM over the ergo is the size of the hole in the rope bridge rigging plates. It might be a deal breaker for me. It's a very useful secondary lanyard connection point.

Both nice and comfortable saddles but with a different philospophy.

Ryan,
I haven't done much work yet, but have practiced both rope and spur quite a bit over the past weeks, so I don't know if my recommendation would be worth much. I have a Ergovation Economy and LOVE it! The padding is great and even with my saw haning off the side it doesn't pull down too much (my saw is a Husky 240, 14"). The padding in the leg loops is thick enough to be comfortable when coming down on a rope. For attaching the saw I didn't like the snap and ring on the saddle so I took a non-locking carabiner and threaded it between the padding and waistbelt - works great!
I'd highly recommend this one!

I happen to own both saddles,the TM I only use fir pruning,it's lighter than the ergo and has slightly better mobility IMHO.the ergo is a great saddle very comfortable and you can hang a 395xp off of it no problem but the TM you can't unless you get the suspenders for it. If you had a gun pointed at me and said choose one it would be the ergo it's more rugged and and just seems like its built better IMHO

This might be a little late, but I use a caritool biner on my TM saddle for hanging the saw off my right side. I hate stuff hanging off my back. DON'T use the caritools for larger saws. Drop it and it snaps the biner right in half. I dropped my 362 about 15 ft because of that. Even with the bungee lanyard. I also use caritools on both leg straps for hooking ropes to. Works out great. The TM isn't as comfortable as I thought it would be, it kinda pinches the jewels sometimes. Took a while to get used to the rope bridge after climbing on an old style harness for years. Overall, I like it. But Im gonna go with something else next time.

Tree motion is awesome. If it's not comfortable, adjust the length of the leg loops.
I haven't used the ergovation so I can't speak to that.
I do pruning and removals, hanging a 46 off my TM is no drama.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back