TreeMotion vs TreeFlex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basnighttrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for input from owners of these saddles. Likes, dislikes, pros, cons, etc. Other saddle owners like the Glide, Glidelite, Sequoia, and or something similar please comment also.

I'm gonna be watching this one. My saddle/system needs an upgrade - just so I dont have to hear it getting picked on by the greenhorns anymore. Maybe I'll use the new one for pruning style crap and save "old brown" for the big takedowns. Lol. Help! all my caribeaners are hung up and clipped onto the branches behind my back...someone call the fire dept., lol.

Last edited:
I am really hoping for some good input about different saddles. I am ready to buy a new saddle and I don't want to wait to the climbing competition or trade show to try on some saddles.

I am really hoping for some good input about different saddles. I am ready to buy a new saddle and I don't want to wait to the climbing competition or trade show to try on some saddles.

Looks Like nobody owns one of those two HIGH dollar saddles........

Got the sherill 2007 cat here.... that treemotion thing is company colors..sort of, it just looks so gay! Can that thing possibly hold up to real treework?? What is that shoelaces holding that thing together?? And the black leather looking part looks kind of cheap to, what is that?? for that kind of money it better be real and not look like some cheap Marshalls (do they still have those?) handbag, lol. I mean I want to change but its just soo hard when I look at this stuff - and I've seen quite a few beginners with all the tools and none of the clues, so I gotta wonder if its worth it? But I must find out if it is because its bothering me now. I just know its gonna cost me a grand probably so I think maybe it can wait till spring. Still I might try it sooner anyway though..

Dude thats just what I was thinking! Sort of, I looked online at sherrill and now they call it butterfly II it looks like, it also has either leg strap deals OR the seat thingy now, you can add the seat it looks like ....damn I wish I hadnt lost my 2008 sherrill cat!!

I haven't used any of the 2 saddles mentioned in the original post, but I am looking to buy a new saddle before spring.

I've already got a butterfly 2 and I want a saddle without a floating bridge.
I've searched all the arb forums, read a ton of reviews and been all over the net.

The saddle I'm leaning toward is the deluxe master 2.
Wesspur sells it now with a tongue buckle instead of the side buckle design.

Anyone got any thoughts on this one?

Quoting reachtreeservi"
I've already got a butterfly 2 and I want a saddle without a floating bridge.
I've searched all the arb forums, read a ton of reviews and been all over the net. "

So you don't like the floating bridge reachtreeservi? I am sick of getting twisted around while pruning in my master classic saddle. I was looking to get a sequoia. Why don't you like the floating bridge? just curious..... Mike

Last edited:
I like my butterfly. And I have a weaver with a floating dee also.
They both are great saddles.

I just want to try something else.

For SRT the floating bridge isn't ideal for putting a croll on .
I want to rig a tree frog config.
I'm doing SRT texas style now, and it isn't working well for my 270 lbs.
Too much strain on the upper body.

I was thinking about using the Croll suspenders for the Sequoia with the master deluxe 2.

I decided not to go with The Sequoia, the reviews on the British arb forums were concerned with it's comfort and durability.

It's probably a good saddle too, but I already have 2. With floating bridges.

I have a master 2 that a built a floating bridge on and love it. Wouldn't have one that either did not have on or have the option of building one. I didn't like the fact that my movement was hindered with being tied into just one spot. Just like the way the floating bridge works for me but that is me just throwing my two cents in.
Jared

I decided not to go with The Sequoia, the reviews on the British arb forums were concerned with it's comfort and durability.

that saddle is probably great for handsaw climbing. i wouldnt want to be using it as strictly my takedown saddle though. to me, it doesnt look like it will last too long. especially underweight of a heavy saw.

A couple of thoughts for you:

I have climbed with a TreeMotion saddle. First off, its amazing. Second, its life expectancy is like 2 years due to some of the design elements although, the one I used is over a year old and is holding up well. 3, much like the sequoia it is not ANSI approved, if you care. 4, it is the most comfortable saddle I have ever climbed in (I've climbed in a versatile, traverse, master classic, weaver floating D, glide II) The attachment points on the treemotion are by far its best feature as you can tie in multiple ways and work through your line which won't work on a regular floating design saddle.

I used to climb in a Deluxe master II. Every now and then it would pinch my man parts but it wasn't worse than any other saddle. I hated the fact that it didn't have a floating D and now that I have a floating design, I would never go back, but its a great saddle if you dont like the floating design.

As far as the butterfly/dragonfly, it's almost identical to a glide with the exception that the bridge is webbing instead of rope (although you can get a webbing bridge for the glide).

I currently climb on a Glide II. It takes a long time to get adjusted right but it's very comfortable. It's got plenty of attachment points, is lightweight and costs 200 bucks less than a TreeMotion. I use a mickey mouse pulley on the bridge with a doublefirshermans on one link and a distel on the other link. If I double crotch, I use a snap and a blakes and hook it straight to the bridge(it's important to have a modern rounded snap if you plan on doing this, not one of the old styles that are good for metal rings). Depending on how big you are you'll get the 14" or 16" bridge (s/m=14" l/xl=16") I have a 16 inch bridge and it gives you plenty of movemant, although I most likely will order the 14" bridge because it will pull less on the leg rings when extended.

Any more questions?

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for responding Tree Dood. Do you get any pinching with the Glide or TreeMotion? How does the TreeMotion hold up with a 44 on the side? You said the saddle may last 2 years, are the parts replaceable? Would the saddle hold a big saw better with the suspenders? Can you set up a SRT with the Glide? Do the D's rings flop around on either saddle? Thanks again for every ones responses.

I like my butterfly. And I have a weaver with a floating dee also.
They both are great saddles.

I just want to try something else.

For SRT the floating bridge isn't ideal for putting a croll on .
I want to rig a tree frog config.
I'm doing SRT texas style now, and it isn't working well for my 270 lbs.
Too much strain on the upper body.

I was thinking about using the Croll suspenders for the Sequoia with the master deluxe 2.

It's probably a good saddle too, but I already have 2. With floating bridges.

I use the Sequoia SRT, think its a fine saddle. I think the truth of the matter is there is not a perfect saddle out there; each one is going to have some pros and cons. For using SRT the Sequoia works very well. I use the Frog walker with the Croll and chest harness. Pretty slick. Having the proper attachment placements is what makes the whole system work. I could never get it to work quite so well off my Glide. But do realize the Sequoia also has two tie in points, a floating bridge or the nonfloating SRT point, so it can be used either way.

Also for those concerned about its ability to handle the heavier tools required for removals, I do not find that to be a problem. It handles a 660 with no problems. For spur work and rigging gear it feels as comfortable as any other saddle I have used. But that's me and as we know, these are all very personal choices.

Dave

Latest posts

Back