TreeMotion vs TreeFlex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree Magic

Hi guys, I know this i not one of the 2, but I have been climbing in a Tree Magic harness for quite some time now, and absolutely love it. I have not seen it in Sherril, or Wesspur, but I got mine while I was working in the UK, and got another one since, its amazing, and I think it was about $400.

Tree Magic

Hi Chris

I am sure my first one would have lasted fot ages. but while I was working in Cape Town, my truck with all my kit got stolen, and I never saw any of it again, then I went over to Alaska to work, and could not find a saddle anywhere that I liked, so I got one sent over from the UK.

I am sure they will last for a long time.

-----------------------
WR

i own both of these harness

i have one of each of these belts. ia working in sweden where u climb all day no ground work so it is crucial to have a comfortable belt for long climbs .
In my opinion the tree motion is a more popular belt u can quickly set it up and it has slots everywhere u could need them. I use my treeflex everyday day but it did take a lot of playing around to get it right.I prefer to back support on the flew but the legloops r better on the motion. Maybe a hybrid of the two belts could work i might try it.

Thanks Tree rex and welcome to the site. How long do you think the saddles will last you? Are there any pinch points on them? How often do you use the treemotion and why?

Just got back from a Vermeer customer appreciation one day climbing/rigging training seminar.An instructor from www.ArborCanada.com or for the USA residents www.NorthAmericanTrainingSolutions.com did an excellent job. He was using a new prototype saddle from Buckingham ,all black,lower then normal height adjustable bridge, upper suspenders . Didn't have a name yet.
He showed a neat trick for climbing a structural risk tree while double crotched into a second tree. He snapped a saw bungee breakaway lanyard into his work position lanyard and used the breakaway lanyard for work positioning. He said all the people who had a tree fail on them and survived to tell the story always say "it happened so fast that I never had time to react". So what he says is the breakaway lanyard is good for about 200 lbs and if the tree should fail he would be torn away swinging to safety into the other double crotched tree.

Latest posts

Back