trees from planting to maturity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremewoodwork

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How many guys out there sell a contract that provides planting, pruning, nurturing, removal if needed, chemical treatments, and fertilization of one tree for its entire life or at least the part we live of it?

Last edited:
How many guys out there sell a contract that provides planting, pruning, nurturing, removal if needed, chemical treatments, and fertilization of one tree for its entire life or at least the part we live of it?

I wouldnt go that route. could end up costing you a ton.
you could give the cust a one year warranty on the plant, and remind them that fert/pruning will need to be done every X years. You can call, mail, or stop by for a reminder...

Um, I have never seen that.

On woodland property, I plant tree stands, tube them, spray to 'release' (kill the weedy competition) and feed them if needed for a few years. Once they are out-competing the weeds and grass and other competition, which is required in this state for all clear cuts within 5 years of the cutting, that's pretty much it. Maybe after 10 years you want to start thinning, and again in another 10-15 years. There is an optimal space and size for the fastest stand growth, and if you do not thin you will wind up with a stagnant stand (limited growth and overcrowded tree stand).

If you are talking about landscape type tree stuff? I have never seen that type of management for tree planting. I never guranteed trees or shrubs I planted as a contract landscaper; I could not gurantee the customer would water them correctly, or that they would not get some bug or disease infestation. There is a lot of SOD and other type of rapid death tree diseases here in the west. And bark beetles, Jypsy moths, and some new types of moths that are getting to the apples and pome trees in California. I would never gurantee anything like a tree.

Latest posts

Back