Trees near excavation (removal)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neem

ArboristSite Member
Blakesmaster

Blakesmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm sure they're fine to climb. Seems you'd be able to just crash them to the ground with some wedges though.

Neem

ArboristSite Member
Pics

171418d1297090201-90-6-jpg
Pics

171416d1297090195-90-1-jpg

171417d1297090198-90-3-jpg

171419d1297090205-90-2-jpg

171420d1297090209-90-5-jpg

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
I would not have a problem to climb them the dirt ball is still intact. Until you have loaded a few pulled up stumps you don't have an appreciation for the weight of them. The root ball is heavier than the above ground part of the tree! I wonder why they did not cut them before excavation though:dizzy:

Neem

ArboristSite Member
I wonder why they did not cut them before excavation though:dizzy:

Thanks for the advices guys. Actually I had to remove them before the excavation... but the factory owner said he wanted to save the trees and wanted them to be trimmed:dizzy:........I said it was just a waste of time and money cause the trees wouldn't be safe after the excavation...trimmed or not.......So he contacted another guy who said pruning them was a SAFE and CHEAP solution....:bang:....and so they did.......:clap:.......After the excavation he called me again.......

husabud

husabud

ArboristSite Operative
Hard to tell what you have for obstacles, but looks like a simple notch and drop to me. With all that branch weight on one side... Why climb?

Neem

ArboristSite Member
The only fence is that orange you see. It's just for safety and it's possible to move it. The only problem is that behind that fence there is the only access road to the factory. Trucks and cars are comin and going all day and they are not going to close the road , not even for an hour....that's why I want to climb and cut till then I can drop it down without going on the road.........:biggrinbounce2: ......and then...Im just a small ant...not a monster company ......I gotta cut and then gotta clean and load the wood all by myself...most of the time ;)... for bigger jobs some guys are helping.....and apart from that..........let me climb!!!! :msp_tongue:...maybe slower than notch and drop but...much more fun ;) :eek:uttahere2: ;)... apart from joking...even if they allow me to drop it down on the road (and they won't)...right now I don't have the equipment or the people to clean the road that fast...like I was telling most of the time i'm working alone ....so i try to do things in a simple and easy way for me...and unless they pay me enough ...I'm fine.
Thanks and take care

M

Last edited:
husabud

husabud

ArboristSite Operative
The only fence is that orange you see. It's just for safety and it's possible to move it. The only problem is that behind that fence there is the only access road to the factory. Trucks and cars are comin and going all day and they are not going to close the road , not even for an hour....that's why I want to climb and cut till then I can drop it down without going on the road.........:biggrinbounce2: ......and then...Im just a small ant...not a monster company ......I gotta cut and then gotta clean and load the wood all by myself...most of the time ;)... for bigger jobs some guys are helping.....and apart from that..........let me climb!!!! :msp_tongue:...maybe slower than notch and drop but...much more fun ;) :eek:uttahere2: ;)... apart from joking...even if they allow me to drop it down on the road (and they won't)...right now I don't have the equipment or the people to clean the road that fast...like I was telling most of the time i'm working alone ....so i try to do things in a simple and easy way for me...and unless they pay me enough ...I'm fine.
Thanks and take care

M
Climb away man! I too am a one man show most of the time, so if I see an easier way I will take it. I climb everything I can almost all the time though. I certainly wouldn't be worried about climbing those unless you've had some heavy rains. Is the ground frozen there?

Neem

ArboristSite Member
Climb away man! I too am a one man show most of the time, so if I see an easier way I will take it. I climb everything I can almost all the time though. I certainly wouldn't be worried about climbing those unless you've had some heavy rains. Is the ground frozen there?

Now it's almost one month is not raining here. Every night is 4-5° under zero...getting even worst next week(so they say...)...10-15° minus in night...hope they're wrong :)

:cheers: