treeworker killed in cincinnati

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He apparently was struck by the branch he had cut, which hopefully left him not feeling much. He was knocked from his work position and left hanging from his saddle at least 10 feet from the ground. Rescue workers pronounced him dead at the scene. Be extra aware up there.

????, I wonder if it was a natural rigging point orif a block was used, maybe too much friction on the ground? I wish OSHA would publish an assessment of these things when they do their investigation.

Posted on ************ today

In Illinois:
A 74-year-old Staunton man dies after falling about 35 feet to the ground, while trimming trees.

Macoupin County Coroner Charles Landers says John Hall was trimming a tree in Staunton, Illinois Tuesday afternoon, when the bucket on his cherry picker truck malfunctioned. Landers says the bucket turned, and Hall fell out.

Bystanders called authorities, and Hall was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead of multiple internal injuries.

The coroner's office and Illinois State Police are investigating the accident.

Then in Ohio on the same day:

A Kentucky man trimming trees at a home northeast of Cincinnati, was killed when a tree fell on him.

James Napier was pronounced dead Tuesday at University Hospital in Cincinnati. The 35-year-old was from Dayton in Campbell County and worked for Scottie's and Son Tree Service. He suffered head and neck injuries.

Officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating.

That's a shame, a lanyard and belt would have saved that guy's life.

P_woozel said:
I wish OSHA would publish an assessment of these things when they do their investigation.

As much info as they can make public is released. Look on the OSHA website and search for 0783. Most of what is on the website is a couple of years back.

maybe too much friction on the ground?

I bet that had alot to do with it. Alot of in tree accidents are caused by to many wraps/thicker rope.

It is better to trash that fence under you than hit hit by your own cut.

Sorry for him and his.

Latest posts

Back