Tricks for untieingreally tight knots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should of used a hatchet bowline there very east to untie no matter how tight they get just get out the hatchet. In my next post I will explain the dragin bowline :jester:

Jeff,
I still say the Clove and Half Hitches will successfully bind beyond what is needed. I've found that the two have been extremely purposeful, my friend. :clap:

Jeff,
I still say the Clove and Half Hitches will successfully bind beyond what is needed. I've found that the two have been extremely purposeful, my friend. :clap:

Hey FTA,(I will call you 'Ed') just add another half hitch, keep the clove and when it gets heavy, throw another half hitch.
BTW, I would push to get rid of those euc suckers.
Jeff

You can call me Jose Poseroo for all I care. :popcorn:

ANOTHER HALF HITCH??? It would be a week before they could send back up the rope untie. I sort of like this running bowline.

Not from here... sounds like another internet jackass, know nothing wannabee to me.. :)

You can tell all that from one thread about a stuck knot huh? From the amount of people talking about beating on knots with hammers I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one ever had a knot tighten up on me. Hell, if I'd wanted to do that I wouldnt have come on here looking for intelligent feedback. People like you are the reason I dont post on here more. I have too much work to do to spend a lot of time blowing my own horn on here. Also have a family to raise. But since you've called me a "know nothing wannabee" I will give you a little background... I started out running ropes and dragging brush on weekends for an old friend who worked for a right-of-way company through the week and did residential on weekends. This guy was an exceptional old-school climber, he amazed me and made me want to learn the trade. When an opportunity came up I went to work for the same company (approx. 1 yr. later.) I made foreman within 2 yrs. after proving myself on the Blizzard of '93. This company was a little different than most of the others around here, we trimmed everthing from ground to top. Lots of limbwalking over powerlines. Have you ever pulled overhang growing 20 ft. across a 3-phase line, only a couple of ft. above it? Maybe you have. Of course we wore spikes while doing so so I guess we were hacks but we were hacks who made proper cuts and tried our best to make the tree look decent when we got done with it. Ran a crew for 16 yrs. for this company, worked a lot of storms... hurricanes (Fran, Opal, Katrina, cant remember names of all of them) tornadoes and a lot of ice storms. All this time I'm running an ad and doing residential work on Fri. and Sat. Learned to climb spikeless though I'm not the best at it. Now I'm running my own show with an International chip truck, a Brush Bandit 250+ lot of climbing gear and saws. I still do almost all my own climbing at 50 yrs. old. Oh, by the way I found time to become a certified arborist along the way (C.A. no. 182113), Are you a C.A.? Sorry for wasting your time as a wannabee. Gotta love an internet hero like you, bet you wouldnt talk like that to my face, not but once anyway.

The Real Internet Jackass ...

You can tell all that from one thread about a stuck knot huh? From the amount of people talking about beating on knots with hammers I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one ever had a knot tighten up on me. Hell, if I'd wanted to do that I wouldnt have come on here looking for intelligent feedback. People like you are the reason I dont post on here more... Gotta love an internet hero like you, bet you wouldnt talk like that to my face, not but once anyway.

He'd pee his pants if he had to deal with anyone face to face. His type gain courage from being behind an internet connection. Any knot can overtighten with enough force applied. That's why this was invented hundreds of years ago:

6005662082_7eb99fa74e.jpg

You can tell all that from one thread about a stuck knot huh? From the amount of people talking about beating on knots with hammers I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one ever had a knot tighten up on me. Hell, if I'd wanted to do that I wouldnt have come on here looking for intelligent feedback. People like you are the reason I dont post on here more. I have too much work to do to spend a lot of time blowing my own horn on here. Also have a family to raise. But since you've called me a "know nothing wannabee" I will give you a little background... I started out running ropes and dragging brush on weekends for an old friend who worked for a right-of-way company through the week and did residential on weekends. This guy was an exceptional old-school climber, he amazed me and made me want to learn the trade. When an opportunity came up I went to work for the same company (approx. 1 yr. later.) I made foreman within 2 yrs. after proving myself on the Blizzard of '93. This company was a little different than most of the others around here, we trimmed everthing from ground to top. Lots of limbwalking over powerlines. Have you ever pulled overhang growing 20 ft. across a 3-phase line, only a couple of ft. above it? Maybe you have. Of course we wore spikes while doing so so I guess we were hacks but we were hacks who made proper cuts and tried our best to make the tree look decent when we got done with it. Ran a crew for 16 yrs. for this company, worked a lot of storms... hurricanes (Fran, Opal, Katrina, cant remember names of all of them) tornadoes and a lot of ice storms. All this time I'm running an ad and doing residential work on Fri. and Sat. Learned to climb spikeless though I'm not the best at it. Now I'm running my own show with an International chip truck, a Brush Bandit 250+ lot of climbing gear and saws. I still do almost all my own climbing at 50 yrs. old. Oh, by the way I found time to become a certified arborist along the way (C.A. no. 182113), Are you a C.A.? Sorry for wasting your time as a wannabee. Gotta love an internet hero like you, bet you wouldnt talk like that to my face, not but once anyway.

Actually he was talking to me ....... I am the wannabee JO he was referring too , now look ya got sore fingers and a bruised ego for nuttin...

He'd pee his pants if he had to deal with anyone face to face. His type gain courage from being behind an internet connection. Any knot can overtighten with enough force applied. That's why this was invented hundreds of years ago:

6005662082_7eb99fa74e.jpg

Again tie a proper knot for what your doing and you can leave the zit popper behind the seat , I haven't needed a hammer or stick to break a knot ever , and on a daily basis it would seem that a more experienced ground man or climber would say the same ...

Oh. Nevermind then.

And I am not gonna change my opinion because of your lengthy time as a tree man , if your still beating the rope to break a knot than your doing it wrong .... A good proper knot always can be broken by a hand , and mostly nothing more than a strong thumb...

RR, I guess I was wrong in assuming that you were green then... I mean every seasoned treeman comes to an internet forum and asks how to untie his knots.. right? :dizzy:

No need to fight over it!

The odd time a bowline on a bight will require assistance from a hammer & chain wrench. Rare occurence (on heavy pulls) and I'm damn sure that knot is tied and set correctly. It happens.

I just put a stick in the bowline if it's going to be loaded heavy. Anything that gets by me gets pryed apart with two Vise Grips, but that's few and far between.

Latest posts

Back