Trim to bid, or bid to trim?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw him too lol it seems he has a face that looks ticked they like those in management. I once knew a guy that was hired for that look but he was merely a teddy bear in disguise. To be honest if they have the Hollywood look I would feel they had not been aloft. I have seen some in these big companies imo that never climbed enough or at all:rolleyes: Don't worry Jeff you ain't have as ugly as I and ozark :hmm3grin2orange:

Easy big fella I have a face for HOGGYWOOD!

I grew up in the swamps of Florida and I took "The man of the Ozarks" to be quite witty and all in jest. I have no idea what you are saying.:)
Jeff

...so neg repping is your answer to misunderstanding what I wrote? Maybe a visit to the Ozarks might in fact, teach some lessons in manners the swamp seems to have forgotten...
Disagreement should breed interaction and conversation, resulting in the evolution of the human intellect, it should not degenerate into the penalizing of those whom you claim to not comprehend.

...You misrepresent yourself when you claim a point and disregard all others...treemen above all, should know that bending, not giving, is far more understandable, forgiving and respectable than is breaking...which is what you do when you penalize their views on a subject...

Don't like what was said?

C'est la vie...but be better than stooping to giving out neg rep, due only to your lack of insight.

Last edited:
.....legitimate? It's a good thing you came by because we argue about this all the time. How do you know when you're legitimate? ISA, TCIA, OHSA, ANSI, UAA, BBB, SMA, accreditation? How 'bout just a chainsaw and insurance? You gotta fill us in.

That is a great question. I think a legitimate arborist is one who actually knows something about trees as opposed to simply being able to study. I do not believe that a reputable arborist must have first worked in trees...but that is a bonus if they have. They must have a good reputation both in the face of their peers and with those they are close with. Character is important.

Arborists come in all shapes and sizes. There are arborists for commercial tree trimming outfits, professors, facilities managers etc. For the sake of this forum, I am under the impression that many of you are commercial tree trimmers. So I think that a legitimate outfit is minimally not breaking the law or and ANSI or OSHA standards. They are honest regarding pay and do not pay cash under the table to avoid comp and taxes or use faulty comp classifications (such as classifying their workers as landscapers...which is a rampant problem as was addressed at the TCIA Winter Management Conference by some of the younger members.)

I believe a legitimate arborist is also honest when it comes to work and stands for the principles of quality in this industry and do not make compromises for the sake of fast cash or laziness.

That should suffice for now.

Sometimes, there are guys that have no idea what to do in life but they know they are book smart and also they believe the world should listen to them because they feel they are owed respect when they really don't know how to climb a tree or what knots are and they by-pass that with big words and book learning combined with a big ego and then get very angry when the cards don't fall in their favor. I know a couple of guys like that. Clients see right thru these type of people. When reality hits these guys, they go off the deep end and look for ways to diminish their competitors. It is really sad and self-destructive. Just my opinion.:)
Jeff

Sometimes, there are guys that have no idea what to do in life but they know they are book smart and also they believe the world should listen to them because they feel they are owed respect when they really don't know how to climb a tree or what knots are and they by-pass that with big words and book learning combined with a big ego and then get very angry when the cards don't fall in their favor. I know a couple of guys like that. Clients see right thru these type of people. When reality hits these guys, they go off the deep end and look for ways to diminish their competitors. It is really sad and self-destructive. Just my opinion.:)
Jeff

Lucky for everyone, I am just a groundie...so don't have to deal with clients whilst waging pitched battle with my ego...no, I do not own a thesaurus...but know how to climb a tree...just don't want to...

Ask the boss, TreeTarget no play poker, as his brother has scalped me many times in the past...so I do not gamble...especially with the one in charge of what's above me, and about to fall...

My book lernin's only git into the campfire talk after the wirk is dun...them fancy ribons and papers only fill a box in the root cellar, next to the taters.

Lucky for everyone, I am just a groundie...so don't have to deal with clients whilst waging pitched battle with my ego...no, I do not own a thesaurus...but know how to climb a tree...just don't want to...

Ask the boss, TreeTarget no play poker, as his brother has scalped me many times in the past...so I do not gamble...especially with the one in charge of what's above me, and about to fall...

My book lernin's only git into the campfire talk after the wirk is dun...them fancy ribons and papers only fill a box in the root cellar, next to the taters.

Ease up- this was not directed at you, although you probably have a thicker skin than those it was directed to! :cheers:
Jeff

Prepare for Armeggedon sinners...... Well its got to be the end of the world because I am about to agree with JeffLovstrom about something....

Anyone who cares to look knows that I often disagree with Jeff on just about anything. But there is one thing I will give credit for and that is that he is visible and speaks his mind. Albeit that I often think his mind is AWOL.

Legitarborist. So far all I have seen from you in this and other threads is baiting and provocation. You remind me of Ekka without skills (and for those regulars who have seen some of my disagreements with Ekka that is a big statement.) If you want to be taken seriously you need to post some bonafides. How about telling us all who you are perhaps with a photo or two of your work or even a video. After all, this is arboristsite. Not "I once read a book about trees" site.

Prepare for Armeggedon sinners...... Well its got to be the end of the world because I am about to agree with JeffLovstrom about something....

Anyone who cares to look knows that I often disagree with Jeff on just about anything. But there is one thing I will give credit for and that is that he is visible and speaks his mind. Albeit that I often think his mind is AWOL.

Legitarborist. So far all I have seen from you in this and other threads is baiting and provocation. You remind me of Ekka without skills (and for those regulars who have seen some of my disagreements with Ekka that is a big statement.) If you want to be taken seriously you need to post some bonafides. How about telling us all who you are perhaps with a photo or two of your work or even a video. After all, this is arboristsite. Not "I once read a book about trees" site.

Gracias OOMT, I am not afraid of taking my whipping when I desrve it. Anyway, I know who this guy is and confirmed this afternoon. I won't out him because I am bigger than that and you are right. He has never done tree work but can read and test well. Ask him how he broke his hand and we will all get a good laugh. He has a big ego and ADHD . very short and looks gay. Thinks the world should listen to him and tempermental. If he is reading this, he knows I know. If he thinks I am guessing, a white Toyota Tacoma is what he drives. 15 years my ass, try 5 years learning books.
Jeff:)

Gracias OOMT, I am not afraid of taking my whipping when I desrve it. Anyway, I know who this guy is and confirmed this afternoon. I won't out him because I am bigger than that and you are right. He has never done tree work but can read and test well. Ask him how he broke his hand and we will all get a good laugh. He has a big ego and ADHD . very short and looks gay. Thinks the world should listen to him and tempermental. If he is reading this, he knows I know. If he thinks I am guessing, a white Toyota Tacoma is what he drives. 15 years my ass, try 5 years learning books.
Jeff:)

Brahahahaha bout how I figured. Just so you know legit I think its great you learned the books now try to use that for an asset instead of being a :censored: There is another arborist that used to come in no climbing either but a wealth of knowledge. Try helping in the home owner helper forum is my advise.

them fancy ribons and papers only fill a box in the root cellar, next to the taters.

Ive said it before and ill say it again....

Certification means so much urine in a pot....

Ive met many "certified arborist" who didnt know jack about caring for trees....

I believe everyone, especially me, can benefit from further education. The learning itself doesnt make me better or worse its what I do with it.

I have always liked the old saying that God gave me 2 ears and 1 mouth and I should use them in that proportion.

Back