Trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. What a steal! Do u buy more than one?

Ha! I certainly thought about it when I saw what actual MSRP is. At one point they were selling for over $400.

The store switched to Stihl, and put all other manufacturers on clearance.

This is the same store where I picked up the 357XP display model for $375+tax.

20 year old Stihl FS88 with countless hours on it. I keep a blade on it all the time now.

3 month old FS94 that has 21.1 hours on it now. The best trimmer I've ever had the pleasure of running.

FS250R.jpg

Oh yeah pictures of the Tanaka 280pfl tomorrow. ;) the longer shaft is definately going to help with my back.......if i ever get to stand up straight again.:confused:

The fs250 is a two stroke.would really like to try out the fs240 to see how the strato charged does on a weedeater.love the strato leaf blowers but don't care much for strato chainsaws.

Anyone know how an FS 110 compares to an FS 250?
The 110 is about the same for trimming manicured lawns. For slashing brush or cutting tall grass? It's not even close.

However, the FS 250 is out of production, and I have to say good riddance. They were fuel sucking pigs that would vibrate your hands off. The FS 240 is a far superior machine if you want bicycle handles, and the 130 is lighter and makes the same power if you want a loop handle.

The 110 is about the same for trimming manicured lawns. For slashing brush or cutting tall grass? It's not even close.

However, the FS 250 is out of production, and I have to say good riddance. They were fuel sucking pigs that would vibrate your hands off. The FS 240 is a far superior machine if you want bicycle handles, and the 130 is lighter and makes the same power if you want a loop handle.

Can't argue with you on the fuel consumption, but vibration isn't a problem with mine.

Yeah the fs250 is kind of bad on gas but look at the work it puts out.vibs dont bother me.at least it don't vibrate like a pm700.:laugh:

My fs250r vibrates badly, and while it does drink some fuel, it ain't nothin, as they say, compared to an fs550. I can run a long time on a tank of fuel with a 250, but NEED anti vibe gloves and to stop after no more than an hour of constant use or my hands WILL hurt badly for several hours. That said, its way too much trimmer for around my house in town (i want an fs94) and too little trimmer for deforesting in the coast range of the PNW. Its best use I have found is to put a U shaped shredder blade on it and use it on blackberries. in that capacity, I doubt you could find a faster, easier, hand held tool. With the loop handle and no harness, you can throw it out and up in front of you easily. In 45 minutes I cut a 15 × 200 foot of well over 6 feet high dense blackberries to the ground, it looked like it had been tilled.

Back