Trimmers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased an ECHO Speed Feed trimmer head for my Stihl FS-250R. It arrived today just a little while ago. Brand-new and ECHO OEM.

Installation was simple and straight-froward. I had to install a different threaded bushing in the ECHO head. It came with a total of four different sized / threaded bushings. Stihl requires the green one.

It's always seems to be a bit of a mystery when it comes to disassembling trimmer heads. Instructions were a bit vague. Anyways, I got the head apart and installed the correct sized bushing. Once you do it, you get a feel for future dis-assemblies.

I purchased the ECHO Speed Feed on E-Bay. It was $29.98 shipped. It arrived within three days of ordering. It's going to be so much easier to re-load line when it's time. No need to remove the head and pull it apart to get to the line spool. You can re-load on the spot if you wish. And, it's made in USA.

http://www.speedfeedhead.com/m/
I have the same one on my fs80 handlebar type trimmer ,it holds about 12 feet of .105 string ,6 feet on each spool ,do not have to cut into 2 strings also like stihl one i had . Real nice setup ,I like it .

Anyone have a Stihl FS 130 trimmer?

I've run them. I prefer a 2 stroke but the 130 had lots of power with pretty low fuel consumption. One nice thing about the 4 mix trimmers is that they don't tend to bind up with grass in the head, they have enough torque to keep spinning.

I've run them. I prefer a 2 stroke but the 130 had lots of power with pretty low fuel consumption. One nice thing about the 4 mix trimmers is that they don't tend to bind up with grass in the head, they have enough torque to keep spinning.
Good power then I may buy one to put the hedge trimmer attachment on.

I need to post some updated pics of my modded SRM-210. I have done phase 1 - custom carb, air filter, modded muffler and tach. Phase 2 is in work...

I have the same one on my fs80 handlebar type trimmer ,it holds about 12 feet of .105 string ,6 feet on each spool ,do not have to cut into 2 strings also like stihl one i had . Real nice setup ,I like it .

About the only down-side to the ECHO Speed Feed head, is that it only holds 12' of line. I either spaced out, or forgot, that the OEM head on my FS-250R holds at least 25'-30' of .095 line.

So, even though re-loads on the ECHO head will be faster, I will be doing them more often. :(

Anyone have a Stihl FS 130 trimmer?

Just got mine today and it's pretty sweet. Seems to have as much power as an fs250 (for what I need). It's not the best pure trimmer, but i got it for clearing trails and along fields

I got the Autocut head, plus the brush knife and 8" chisel blade. 2" beech came down pretty easily

It takes surprisingly thick grass to keep it off the rev limiter at full throttle

Just got mine today and it's pretty sweet. Seems to have as much power as an fs250 (for what I need). It's not the best pure trimmer, but i got it for clearing trails and along fields

I got the Autocut head, plus the brush knife and 8" chisel blade. 2" beech came down pretty easily

It takes surprisingly thick grass to keep it off the rev limiter at full throttle[/QUOT
E]
Funny you should mention that.
I bought my fs130 and the 250 at the same time and was quite surprised that the 130 was tearing thru the brush/weeds better.
So I returned the 250...Though I did not know they were getting rid of it.
So I wish I would have held onto it

Comes standard with the 25-2 autocut.
And that worked fine for me
But 30-2 is a good upgrade

So who makes the best trimmer? I vote shindaiwa.
The only shindaiwa trimmers ive used are the 3410X and the t235
The 3410 is a tempermental thing.
Sometimes it runs like a champ and has alot of power,Other days it likes to stall on me. That and it is bulky and unbalanced.
The 235 is pretty much the echo 225 but with a 20" cutting swath and less torque.
I would have to vote stihl or husqvarna..both have very good trimmers

I ran a Shindaiwa T26 quite a bit and I was really impressed with it. It always started easy and ran flawlessly. It didn't have a whole lot of power but for a dedicated trimmer it held it's own. Unfortunately the first time I ran it this season it grenaded the top end, there was chunks of aluminum flying out of the muffler! Despite that it kept running until I killed it, but it was toast. I never did get into it to see what could have happened.

Id vote Red Max or Maruyama . I have a Stihl fs250 that I bought back somewhere between 2000-2002 and a brand new (as in Ive used it once) Husq 323L that Terry found for me recently. I wanted the absolute lightest solid steel driveshaft trimmer I could find. This one comes in at 9lbs.

Old tanaka.i'm sure shindaiwa's are awesome too.only reason i say tanaka is the shindaiwa stuff has been non existent around here.seems the japanese equipment does better for me as far as being consistently reliable

Latest posts

Back