Trouble tuning low end ms310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmauster

Secret ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've had some stalling issues with my 310. I went to retune the low screw and was unable to. It says 1/4 turn on the filter cover. I warmed it up and set the low screw to 1/4 and it wouldn't restart. Could it be carb issues or a case leak?

How I Tune low end.. correct me if I'm wrong.. warm it up, set the screws to the factory recommended on the air filter cover... Turn the idle speed screw till the chain starts turning then richen the low screw till it comes down to the correct idle speed.. sound correct?

Many people cover tuning the high end but not many people talk about tuning the low end. I saw a video where they stated that was how it was done.

Bringing it up to where the chain starts to move is around 3600rpm

What's the right procedure for tuning low end? I own a tach.

Just black metal carb adjustments. Maybe i removed them long ago but I don't think so.

Carb limiter screws are pretty good... for me to poop on

Awesome thank you very much.

Sounds like I was pretty close with the procedure, the adjustment amount on the air cleaner was wrong for my setup. Sounds like someone if not me removed the caps.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back