Troy-Bilt Chainsaws, believe it or not

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just saying it is all about money, not brands.
That it is wrong to compere brands instead of products.
Blowdown1 said:
Husky doesn't suffer from the "their saws suck" mentality after joe-homeowner runs straight gas through it, puts bar oil and mix in the wrong tanks, cuts till the chain smokes from not sharpening/maintaining.

Neither did McCulloch. now conciddered POS! if enugh homeowners get their hands on a HVA, same thing.
There is nothing that say that a more than 300 year old company survive E-lux.
It is almost nothing left of Husqvarna. Nothing good has come out of this, it is all about mony, short term winnings, and a lot of junk.
300 years from or 10 years who really care, you.
No you will do as I and everybody else, look for the product that is best and fits the wallet.

I am not saying this is wrong comlpetely. It is a money maker, short term, but still.

E-lux clearly state with their prices here, that this is a good saw. But many loggers here has started to run Stihls, at half the cost /saw/year. This is no joke.
In the cost there is everything fuel, naitense repairs purches.... all cost one year one saw.

This would never the old Husqvarna agree with. Their job depended on making high qualety products at lowest price. This is what has changed, and it will ruin this brand.
E-lux/Husqvarna is going downhill, reguarding qualety products, that is a fact not a guess or half assed statement.

WRW, 40 hours was how long the last homeowner saw lasted me before it died of crank failure. Nothing to do with EPA, it was all the longer the saw lasted, six days on the job and the crank went out. Good enough to get a tree or two done but not built to take stumps down.

geofore said:
WRW, 40 hours was how long the last homeowner saw lasted me before it died of crank failure. Nothing to do with EPA, it was all the longer the saw lasted, six days on the job and the crank went out. Good enough to get a tree or two done but not built to take stumps down.

Justin Garrison posted the 50 hour Poulan figure. And you're right about the homeowner grade saws not being meant for 8 hour days.

It took you 6 days to get two trees done? ;)

two trees?

Very funny :) ,Bill. No, it didn't take six days to do two trees. I'm saying the saw was good enough to do a few trees before it quit. A home owner would not expect/use the saw to do what I asked it to do. How many calls do you get from the DIY's, "I just need you to put it on the ground for me and I can get it from there?" For $125 more I can give them a saw package that comes with: two chains,scrench,bottle of mix and a pair of gloves and a new saw. It's all the saw they'll need and most of the DIY's go for the $125 more. I don't like the drop it and go jobs because you're leaving a mess behind but I know the saw package will be good enough for their clean up and my guess is that's all the work the saw will see before they put it away on the shelf in the garage. I just wanted to see what the saw could/couldn't do before it would quit. Is it a good deal for the DYI? I think so. Warranty would get them a fix or a new saw in the first year's use if it breaks. You just saved him a trip to Sears to get his old saw tuned up, buy a new chain, some 2 cycle mix and a pair gloves to get them started on the cleanup. He'd be in for about the same price or more as the saw package. What can I say? It works for me when dealing with the DIY's. How long would it take the DIY's to run out and get his saw in shape to run? You know most of them didn't plan ahead of time to have their tools ready to work when you got there.

Back