Trying To Find The Sizes And Material Of The Output Line On The Oil Pump Of My Stihl 024 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Targa

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still working to clean up and restore to running condition my Stihl 024AV. The oil line from the oil pump to the output port that goes to the bar and chain came off in pieces so I'm trying to determine if I can find hose material with the correct ID and OD that will not degrade.

I also wonder whether the original line had a spring inside to keep it from collapsing?

I'm wondering if anyone here knows the dimensions and material used or could be used for the 3" long hose?

Btw, I'm trying to see if I can make the $5.00 hose rather than wait until June to get one from a local Stihl dealer.

Thank you

I have successfully used Stihl fuel line in 026s without the spring. Be sure to save the brass insert from the bar end of the hose so that you can reuse it. The spring is only needed if t he hose would kink, like on 034s and perhaps others.

Still working to clean up and restore to running condition my Stihl 024AV. The oil line from the oil pump to the output port that goes to the bar and chain came off in pieces so I'm trying to determine if I can find hose material with the correct ID and OD that will not degrade.

I also wonder whether the original line had a spring inside to keep it from collapsing?

I'm wondering if anyone here knows the dimensions and material used or could be used for the 3" long hose?

Btw, I'm trying to see if I can make the $5.00 hose rather than wait until June to get one from a local Stihl dealer.

Thank you
I have a new piece sitting here on my desk, it measures1/8" ID and close to 13/64 OD, not sure what it is made of but it has 1206 R3 all along its length on the exterior.

Thank you both for your quick responses. Based on your comments you gave me enough information to do some additional research and it appears the oil line is also for fuel lines for small 2 cycle engines and is about 1/8" x 3/16" (3mm x 5mm). So I just ordered some from Amazon and will see if it works out.

Thank you both for your quick responses. Based on your comments you gave me enough information to do some additional research and it appears the oil line is also for fuel lines for small 2 cycle engines and is about 1/8" x 3/16" (3mm x 5mm). So I just ordered some from Amazon and will see if it works out.
That might work ok, I have not looked for a work around for that line as I keep a few OEM lines on hand, the fuel line might be a simpler item to install.

Back