tsc fiscars score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigplow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
went to tsc to get dog food after work today and found an x27 was on clearence for 29.99 been on clearence for 49.99 all winter it was the last one I couldnt get it in my cart fast enough finally got me an x27 hopefully will try it out this weekend

Damn, where in OH are you? My local TSC does not carry Fiskars

it was in sidney I think they only carried them in the fall till they ran out troy was the same way

it was in sidney I think they only carried them in the fall till they ran out troy was the same way

I am only about 35 min. Away. I will have to check that TSC for deals when I am over that way.

Just picked up a Fiskers hatchet of the discount rack at the Tiffin Ohio store. Picked up a x27 there several months back off the discount rack also.

Thats a great deal! My local TSC stopped carrying fiskars** anything last summer, now down to just the sharpeners*. I did manage to get a super shovel though, dang best shovel evah. Best one I ever used, put it that way. It was 30 bucks, and way more than three times the value of the ten buck normal shovels.

**I dont know why either, other than my conspiracy mind thinks they make so much off of wooden replacement handles for the other alleged axes and mauls they peddle there.

*thats the only fiskars product I have that I dont like. I have yet to put on or improve on any edge on anything I have tried with that thing. I simply cant make it work. Never worked on the superspliter, my fiskars filet knfie, or any other axe or knife I have. I have rolled a dull edge back and forth on that thing like hundreds of times and...nothing changes! Looks the same....push down hard, medium or gentle, doesnt matter. Holding it at this or that angle...nada.

I would really like to see someone who uses one and it works for them do a vid. Want good closeups of how to use it, and before and after on the edge and before and after like slicing paper or something. So many guys like them, I know I am doing it wrong somehow, even though I think I have tried every possible way to use it. Its just annoying, seeing as how all their other products I have work well.

Maybe mine is defective. The round stones, they are supposed to roll, correct? Thats what I dont get, if they roll, where is the friction against the stone with the steel? Are they supposed to lock down somehow?

Good score, no Fiskars at my local TSC either. Been keeping my eye on a log table for my Speeco splitter. They had one on the shelf and it says in the master products list it has been discontinued. Now they have two on the shelf at the regular price.

Latest posts

Back