???tsc ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RON58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well after weeks of pondering I finally decided BUY,BUY,BUY. I went to TSC all excited (we have two in the area) where I buy a lot of stuff. I hear everyone talking about % off and price matching but these guys will not budge,either store. Probably not that big of a deal but both stores have eight machines sitting there, covered with snow I might ad. While driving home I decided screw it, I'm building one. One like I want that will bury TSC's (assembled in USA) slow poke. See ya,I'm off scrounging parts.

good for you.

Let us know how much cheaper a store bought unit would have been after you are finished. I hope you have your welding skills down.

Yep.... it may be faster than theirs, but it'll cost more. TSC managers are allowed to give a 10% off customer satisfaction discount if needed, so you should always be able to get that much off should they desire. I'd have to assume they just plain don't have enough competition in your area.

I'm all for building your own splitter, but not if you are hoping to save money. The splitters sold at TSC,Lowe's, Home Depot, and other nation wide retailers are usually priced at minimum mark-up. If you tried to purchase the components; engine,pump,pump adapter,cylinder,valve,hoses,hydraulic fittings ,spindles ,tires,steel,and misc. items;to build a similar machine you will spend 50% more than buying one already made.
If you think a splitter is slow it will cost another $200+ to increase speed.

Scrounging parts is good if you can find new or nearly new parts at a good price. If the scrounged parts need repair or don't last any savings may be lost.

I build splitters as a hobby. I have built 4 splitters only because I have been able to get the majority of the components for free or at drastically reduced cost. The design I use also allows me build-in, what are considered options on other splitters, at very little added cost.

Yep.... it may be faster than theirs, but it'll cost more. TSC managers are allowed to give a 10% off customer satisfaction discount if needed, so you should always be able to get that much off should they desire. I'd have to assume they just plain don't have enough competition in your area.

No their not.

Strictly against company policy to do so.

Last edited:
I've got a coupon for 10% off anything,it expires today.I'm thinking either a polesaw or a 7' back blade.

Latest posts

Back