tuning MS192TC problem, unable to lean out enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 192 was running rich and the screw was at the limit, so I removed the cap and kept screwing the H screw in until it stopped and it still only got to 12,800rpm. Why is it doing this? Something wrong with the carb? I was having issues with it on Friday; I think it was loading up on fuel and then dying. Smokier than usual too.

For reference, what carb is on it? I can give you the general idea without knowing what carb it is. It may have a fixed jet Hi speed bypass or it may not. The only way I know to service the metering lever is to remove the metering cover, gasket and diaphram (not necessarily in that order). Then, there should be the metering lever, a spring under the metering lever, a bar it pivots on and a screw holding down the bar. Remove the screw and you should be able to pull the metering lever out, the needle should come out with it. Careful of that spring! I would replace the needle from a carb rebuild kit from your local Stihler ship. In fact, why not rebuild the whole carb while you are at it, especially if you use ethanol gas. Spray the seat out with carb cleaner, while the needle is out.

and check your spark arrestor mesh. and while you're at it ( if you already haven't ) do a muffler mod on it.. that will wake it up nicely too!!

When you find the problem please share. I have a 192 (runs fine) but would like to know just in case

Latest posts

Back