Two man saw restoration on American Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give the guy credit for restoring something I would have taken to the recycling center
and gotten .50 cents a pound for.

The guy wanted something neat looking and got it, I don't get all teary eyed over
old heavy junk.

I did not see the show, however I DO KNOW that they could not figure out how to get the engine to work and hired our beloved Chainsaw Collector Brian Gillman to rebuild the engine and get the saw running for them!!! I hope they at least mentioned him without taking all of the credit! It sure is a shame that they turned that yellow beauty into a "Mall" so to speak. The owner must not have liked it as the saw is currently on ebay listed with a starting bid of $4900. That is more than 10x what the saw is actually worth!!!

Antique Two Man Chain Saw Restored by Ricks Restoration | eBay

It is a very sad world when people believe that these fools actually restore equipment!
A lot of my friends ask me if I watch the show, or enjoy it, and I can always pinpoint EXACTLY what they screwed up, changed or ####ered up! There is a reason enthusiasts machine parts and restore their own equipment, because more times than not it is done right rather than wrong!!!!!

Chris

I have mixed feelings on this as Ricks restorations is business and like many places they have to farm out stuff to complete jobs.

It is a TV show so if you take it total heart how they do things and think they should be all done to perfect OEM state I think people are off.

The two man saw I think sure looked nice and it was what the customer wanted not us. I have no issue with how it came out in the end and it doesn't surprise me they send stuff out all the time.

There would be no money if they had to do every piece in house. It would be way to time consuming it would seem to me to be profitable.

Car restoration companies send stuff out all the time and nobody thinks nothing of that:msp_unsure:

Remember the McCulloch Kart restoration they did? They chromed the brake rotor. Rick almost crashed (in front of the customer) as a chromed rotor doesn't stop for ####....:hmm3grin2orange:

I asked the seller on eBay, why it is red and not yellow?

It does look nice even though the color is wrong.

Wiz

Latest posts

Back