Two new firewood toys bought this weekend!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The return hose recall was over a year ago. My splitter was from 2 years ago. It was a black rubber hose that seeped.

The factory table is only on the left/drivers side and speeds things up a lot.

The cycle time on a 35 T compared to my former 27T is faster. They both had about the same unloaded cycle time, but the 35T is much faster when splitting large rounds or knots etc. The 27T Troybuilt would take an extra 5 to 15 seconds in large stuff. Occasionally the Troybuilt wouldn't be able to split some rounds. The 35T just goes right through large stuff without slowing down, so I don't have to reposistion a large round or wait.

Last edited:
The return hose recall was over a year ago. My splitter was from 2 years ago. It was a black rubber hose that seeped.

The factory table is only on the left/drivers side and speeds things up a lot.

The cycle time on a 35 T compared to my former 27T is faster. They both had about the same unloaded cycle time, but the 35T is much faster when splitting large rounds or knots etc. The 27T Troybuilt would take an extra 5 to 15 seconds in large stuff. Occasionally the Troybuilt wouldn't be able to split some rounds. The 35T just goes right through large stuff without slowing down, so I don't have to reposistion a large roud or wait.

A LOT of my wood to split for next year is Cherry... and there are a LOT of peices with "burl" wood in them. Some are fairly large at about 18" diameter. When going through them, the splitter will kick into low speed for like 1-2 seconds and with a startling CRACK it will speed back up and then continue through.

So far I'm very happy with both the saw and splitter. The splitter is a godsend to my two herniated discs for sure!

Watch the air filter on the 510 some way I got some dirt in my intake and ruin the piston and cylinder. I loved the saw and sawed a lot of hedge with it . I do take care of my saws. I have a o38 that is 25 years old and has sawed a lot of wood with no problems. You will enjoy having a splitter. Happy firewood making.

I would totally be happy with that splitter. It's not money wasted, it's money earned and pressure off you.

Man, i have Been looking at that splitter for the past two years. I just cant bring myself to buy a new one, when the old one still works. Congrats on the new tools!

work table and four way wedge

I believe you can purchase a work table and four way wedge as accesories to this unit. I saw another unit like yours with those parts on it.

510 is underrated

They are indeed a nice saw and it should serve you very well for the smaller stuff. Great complement saw to the 2171.

Enjoy the new stuff.

Take Care

A1!! My 501 has become my favorite saw for most firewood up to about 10-12 inches or so. They are a much better saw than given credit for here most of the time.

Good Job,just let us know how you talked the wife into both on the same weekend.

Honestly, she lets me do pretty much whatever I want and never complains of my spending habits as long as we have enough to pay all the bills and expenses. That is the way it is suppose to be... No?

She is also allowed to buy whatever as long as we have the money for it. She doesn't work but is a stay at home Mom. As long as everything is provided for and we can stash some money in savings... all is good.

Honestly, she lets me do pretty much whatever I want and never complains of my spending habits as long as we have enough to pay all the bills and expenses. That is the way it is suppose to be... No?

She is also allowed to buy whatever as long as we have the money for it. She doesn't work but is a stay at home Mom. As long as everything is provided for and we can stash some money in savings... all is good.

Sounds like a good old Southern Girl.
Is she from Alabama.

Cornbread

Sounds like a good old Southern Girl.
Is she from Alabama.

Cornbread

No, actually she is from Connecticut, but she went to a Vo-Ag school (vocational-agricultural). I kinda wish she had a southern accent though... I love that!

Latest posts

Back