Two new Stihls and not one is a saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffM

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recieved my two new Stihl purchases last week. First is an FS87 brush cutter and second is an HS45 hedge trimmer. When I picked them up from the dealer, who was very good and explained everything including the fact that I had bought good German quality that would last me for years,got to love the sound of that 4-Mix engine. I went to put them in the car and noticed that the FS87 was actually manufactured in the good old USA, maybe the HS45 too. So I seem to have made my contribution to the American economy.

attachment.php

:cheers:

It's been 10 minutes since you posted that. So what kinda mods you got done? :dizzy::dizzy:

Murf

Recieved my two new Stihl purchases last week. First is an FS87 brush cutter and second is an HS45 hedge trimmer. When I picked them up from the dealer, who was very good and explained everything including the fact that I had bought good German quality that would last me for years,got to love the sound of that 4-Mix engine. I went to put them in the car and noticed that the FS87 was actually manufactured in the good old USA, maybe the HS45 too. So I seem to have made my contribution to the American economy.

attachment.php

hope they are not made in china.

Congrats!
I recently bought the Kombi system with the KM90 powerhead, and your right
the 4-mix sounds so good!:cheers:

Congrats!
I recently bought the Kombi system with the KM90 powerhead, and your right
the 4-mix sounds so good!:cheers:

The first time I started it , it was like there was a small motorcycle behind me. It is a totally different engine note, but i love the sound.

The first time I started it , it was like there was a small motorcycle behind me. It is a totally different engine note, but i love the sound.

lol.

They also start very easy.
I wasn't sure if I would like it but with 2-4 tanks through it, it keeps getting
stronger.
Is there a harness or shoulder sling? I just didn't see one in the pic.

lol.

They also start very easy.
I wasn't sure if I would like it but with 2-4 tanks through it, it keeps getting
stronger.
Is there a harness or shoulder sling? I just didn't see one in the pic.

Yes I got a double harness with it and it is so comfortable, I don't even notice the weight. I got the auto string attachment and the three bladed cutter too. I think that will do for now, at least untill I decide that I need something else.

Geoff.

attachment.php

the hs 45 is made in china hehe

the hs 45 is made in china hehe

You are right. The first number of the serial number is an 8 and that means made in china. I find it strange that they write manufactured in the USA, or made in Germany, but when it is made in China they don't write anything. I suppose I will just have to see how it turns out won't I. Funny that these are the only two products I have ever bought new from Stihl and one of them turns out to be made in China. You live and learn.

Geoff.

:cry:

You are right. The first number of the serial number is an 8 and that means made in china. I find it strange that they write manufactured in the USA, or made in Germany, but when it is made in China they don't write anything. I suppose I will just have to see how it turns out won't I. Funny that these are the only two products I have ever bought new from Stihl and one of them turns out to be made in China. You live and learn.

Geoff.

:cry:

you have nothing to worry about that hedge trimmer is a good machine. they used to be made in usa but in the past year started coming out of china under stihl owned factory. shouldnt be an issue.

I agree with flimflam. Who cares where it's made, the HS 45 is a great trimmer. First you use it to trim the tree back and then you just give up and cut the tree down.

Made in China???? Say it aint so....

(All of the new Homeowner FS's are made in China)

but you didnt hear it from me.... :tape:

I certainly don't worry about the fact that it is made in China as I am sure they can produce quality goods too. I just find it bad practice that companies do not mention where an article is produced when it comes out of China. They are quick to write made in Germany or made in the USA, but whatever you do don't mention China, because people might not buy it.But enough of China, I am happy with the trimmer and actually it looks well made and certainly runs well, so I will just use like anything else I own.

Geoff.

Back