Two nice fall days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Great weather, 50s and 60s (cold in mornings), clear skies. Nice days for 'wooding'

Out to Rick's to remove the problem trees on the bank above his field:

Bafus2.jpg

Two small trees and a sapling gone for a bit over 1/2 cord (estimate)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/turnkey4099/end.jpg

Best part was while working I could look across at the old house site. I have the three big locusts locked in for cutting after harvest next fall. Would do sooner but they all will land in his seeded field and I don't want to mess it up.

Rick.jpg

New experience though. In cutting the butt block apart I hit a hollow. It fell apart and I am facing a solid mass of yellow jackets :jawdrop:. By the time I retrieved the camera, most of them had departed. Usual problem with my digital of trying to take a decent shot in the sunlight. Can't see on the display just what it looks like, all washed out in the light.

wasps.jpg

Must have been too cool to suit them as they made no threatening moves, just warmed up a bit and left. Glad it wasn't the middle of the summer.

Harry K

My arch nemeses the Yellow Jacket! I hate them things I go out of my way to spray them with Brake clean. Yet I did let them live this year in my front yard as they were doing their job of killing whatever was killing my spruce tree . I know everything in Nature has it's place but not when that means stinging me in the A** lol.

Latest posts

Back