Two of my favorite Stihls tearin up an oak vids!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The first video is me with my stock 461. Love it cause its just rips bone stock. I'm gonna open the muffler soon though. The second video is my brother with his 460 that I just ported. The 461 wooped the 460 before it was ported now the 460 beats the 461. The 460 gained 39% speed after the port job. Thats the first tank on the 460 so It should get stronger. That 461 gave it a chalenge though.[video=youtube_share;EXjtU1DXMv4]http://youtu.be/EXjtU1DXMv4[/video]

I normally don't cut cookies but we had more cookies than cookie monster could handle that day.

So what do most of you get out of a port job? That 460 gained 39% I was hoping for more but the muffler was opened before the times were taken.

I'm waiting on a shaft from my local machine shop to complete my chainsaw dynometer build. I'm trying to be patient with the machinest but its hard. I just cant wait to get the dyno working so I can test the gains better. I think I'll buy an 026 and buy a few cylinders for it and mod them in different ways and test the results on the dyno. I think it will be really interesting to see the gains from simple MM, timing advance or squish band cut vs pop up pistions and of course what timing #'s do the best. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a saw on the dyno.

Back