• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold TWO Stihl MS200 rear handles - both nice!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know since we’re not too far past the holidays money is still short for a lot of folks, and saws aren’t selling as fast or for as much here on AS, but I just don’t want to line the pockets of eBay any further if I don’t have to. That said…

I have not one, but TWO Stihl MS200 rear handle saws for sale. One of them is a recent acquisition and the other is a personal saw I hadn’t planned on selling, but I had an opportunity to buy another saw I was wanting for the collection and need to recoup some of the money, so something has to go. Preferred payment method is PayPal as a gift (or add 3% to total if not comfortable using the gift option). I’m also fine with a Postal Money Order. I’ll pretty much ship anywhere domestically or internationally, but if anyone is within driving distance of the Indianapolis, IN, area pickup is an option too.

I think I’ve covered everything below for each saw, but please feel free to reply here or PM me with questions or if you’re interested in purchasing either saw.

SAW #1 - SOLD
This one is what I would describe as very good condition and is fitted with a 14” bar & chain (3/8 Picco, .050). It was manufactured in April of 2009 and the serial number is 162835955. It makes just shy of 165 psi compression. It’s a great running little saw - starts easily and idles, revs, runs and oils just as it should. A bar scabbard is included.

There isn’t much in the way of defects that I can find to mention. First, there is a small crack in the lower front part of the clutch cover (shown in photos). The part is still structurally sound, and with some moderate prying with fingers I can’t even get the crack to separate – still very solid. The other thing is that the outer rear screw that holds the two pieces of the muffler together is broken off (also shown in photos). At first look I thought the screw was missing, but closer inspection revealed that the head is broken off.

In terms of use, both the sprocket and bar show decent wear. The bar could use a dressing. I wouldn’t say either is in great condition, but definitely usable.

For this saw I’m asking $400 + actual cost of shipping & insurance. If you would like a new sprocket I’ll send a new OEM one along for an additional $15. If you’d like a new bar let me know what length and we can discuss cost.

There are 23 photos of the saw on Photo Bucket.

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/bwendholt/library/MS200_1

SAW #2 - SOLD
This one is what I would describe as excellent condition and is fitted with a 14” bar & chain (3/8 Picco, .050). It was manufactured in April of 2010 and the serial number is 162979827. It makes just over 160 psi compression. Also a great running little saw – starts easily and idles, revs, runs and oils just as it should. A bar scabbard is included.

There are a few very minor items to mention for this saw in terms of defects. First, there is/was a hole punched into the carb box cover and the chunk was glued back in – which you may notice in the photos. This is a moot point; I’ve ordered a new OEM cover that will be put onto the saw for the buyer. Exactly as on the saw above, there is an identical small crack in the lower front part of the clutch cover (shown in photos). The part is still structurally sound, and with some moderate prying with fingers I can’t even get the crack to separate – still very solid. Also, the spark screen is not present.

In terms of use this is very low hour saw. The sprocket shows very little wear, and the bar is in excellent condition.

For this saw I’m asking $475 + actual cost of shipping & insurance. If you would like a spark screen I’ll send a new OEM one along for an additional $7.

There are 21 photos of the saw on Photo Bucket.

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/bwendholt/library/MS200_2

The saw on the left in this photo is the one that is still available:
IMG_1928.JPG

Last edited:
Nice saws, I just finished my rear handle 200t and it doesn't look any where near as good. These are hard to find saws and especially in good shape. NOS 200t are selling for over a thousand dollars on ebay. Snatch one of these up if you are looking for this type of saw.

Thanks Rory!

Hard to let both of them go, especially since they're so hard to find, but they're better off going to folks who will use them. Plus, I'd much prefer to put the money towards large, clumsy, loud, impractical saws!

Hard to find????? you seem to come across them like i do Wildthings!!!!! Looks like two easy sales!

Hard to find????? you seem to come across them like i do Wildthings!!!!! Looks like two easy sales!

That's funny! I have managed to stumble across three of them in the past year-and-a-half. And, it's easy to sell the good stuff at a fair price. I really wanted to keep the nicer of the two, but I don't do well with nice saws - I like the junkyard dogs. I had it for awhile and every time a situation came up where it would come in handy I ended up grabbing something else because I didn't want to beat it up...

Back