Tzed250's Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful Welding on the muff mod. It Cant get much cleaner looking than that....She's a Super Sleeper now.
If you didn't tell us I'd say it looks factory to me.

Thanks! I try to do clean work. The mod didn't make the saw that much louder so it worked out well.;)

I got a funny feeling this thread is going to cost me money. :msp_thumbsup:

Maybe I will be the first in Nova Scotia to own one:D

Spoke to a dealer yesterday, he said earliest would be late October but realistically January, 2013.

There is no way I can wait that long.

Last edited:
I got a funny feeling this thread is going to cost me money. :msp_thumbsup:

Maybe I will be the first in Nova Scotia to own one:D

Spoke to a dealer yesterday, he said earliest would be late October but realistically January, 2013.

There is no way I can wait that long.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel this saw was an incredibly good deal!

Have you put a tach on it in the cut yet? It w
ill amaze you. In that last vid, it's probably turning 12.7-13K. Yes, in the cut!

Believe it or not, I don't own a tach. :) I've always tuned by ear. I would have never thought it was turning that kind of revs. I think most would agree that this saw is a total game changer. The real proof will be when you do the shoot out tomorrow. Who knows, the 346 might surprise and tell the 550 to have a seat. The one thing the 346 will never do is constantly adjust itself for max revs. Do the shoot out in the morning, then you can play with the lathe in the afternoon in the AC!

AT carb "learn" recommendation

Did anyone follow the carb "learn" recommendation in the owners manual? When operation conditions change such as fuel, temp, altitude, etc, run the saw in long cuts for 3-5 minutes so the carb can "learn".

Not me... As a general rule I only read a manual if I experience problems! ha :redface:

When my 576AT was new I ran a few tanks through it and then opened the muffler up. I then ran a 28 inch bar in a maple that needed that much bar on each side to get through it.
I was a little concerned with a new saw and did let it cool down between cuts.
Dum luck that what I did was what the saw needed. I never had any running issues at all.
With all this accolades about the 550, do you think the 576AT is equal to the 550AT cc for cc?

Did anyone follow the carb "learn" recommendation in the owners manual? When operation conditions change such as fuel, temp, altitude, etc, run the saw in long cuts for 3-5 minutes so the carb can "learn".

Not me... As a general rule I only read a manual if I experience problems! ha :redface:

I forgot, burned a full tank on the first startup.
No problems.

As I said, when I ran the saw for the third video it felt even stronger than before. Not any kind of 3 to 5 min though.

Don't forget my 660 LOL!!

I won't forget but I may have to shuffle it back a day. If I don't get the 550 ported one of these guys will beat me too it. :laugh:

Does anyone know if the 562 carb and coil will work on the 550? :msp_w00t:

That's a less than smart attitude imo, I look through the technical part of it, in case there are changes that I am not aware of - and it does happen! :msp_wink:

Forgot to say, it looks really silly when someone starts a thread on AS, just because they didn't read the manual. :jester:

It is no excuse that the saw was used, and with no manual, as they mostly can be found on the brands web-site.

Last edited:
C'mon Troll, Your on a roll. Three's a charm!
Holde dem kommer.

Last edited:
I won't forget but I may have to shuffle it back a day. If I don't get the 550 ported one of these guys will beat me too it. :laugh:

No, but a larger carb always is a good idea - but I have no idea about the coil.....

How about opening the venturi of the original carb?

Dynojet needs to make a Power Commander for these saws!

Forgot top say, it looks really silly when someone starts a thread on AS, just because they didn't read the manual. :jester:

It is no excuse that the saw was used, and with no manual, as they mostly can be found on the brands web-site.

I have a manual for most anything I own in .pdf form on my iPhone.

Umm to my knowledge you'd be the third. That of course doesn't mean the first two were better :msp_biggrin:

It may fit, then again, it may not. :jester: Was in the process of testing that as well.

Umm to my knowledge you'd be the third. That of course doesn't mean the first two were better :msp_biggrin:

It may fit, then again, it may not. :jester: Was in the process of testing that as well.

I'm always playing second fiddle.....err third. :msp_sad:

This is the third test mode for the 550XP. Now setup with Oregon 72CL driven by a 7 pin rim. The depth gauges are touched up but the cutting edges are off the reel. The bar is a 16" Husqvarna branded Oregon. The balance with this setup is right at the front handlebar, so not much penalty for running the solid bar.

[video=youtube;3N0tMxR8SbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N0tMxR8SbM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This is the third test mode for the 550XP. Now setup with Oregon 72CL driven by a 7 pin rim. The depth gauges are touched up but the cutting edges are off the reel. The bar is a 16" Husqvarna branded Oregon. The balance with this setup is right at the front handlebar, so not much penalty for running the solid bar.

[video=youtube;3N0tMxR8SbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N0tMxR8SbM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

What kind of wood is that? The saw's really charging through it! I can't remember....did you port it?

Latest posts

Back