uh oh!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CottageCountryNow Article: To prune or not to prune

Looks like some people in town aren't happy with this! A fellow AS member and local resident sent me this article. Guess some people liked the way it looked before! Guess it ruffled a few peoples feathers

The Town usually acts as Dr, Kevorkian when it comes to trees, so this pruning/deadwooding represented an exception to the usual mortician services rendered. The work done musta been fairly extensive cause one resident wrote a letter saying the "tree had been disfigured".

The Town usually acts as Dr, Kevorkian when it comes to trees, so this pruning/deadwooding represented an exception to the usual mortician services rendered. The work done musta been fairly extensive cause one resident wrote a letter saying the "tree had been disfigured".

Was the picture in the paper the before or after work?

I'm guessing it is the "before" photo just going by the water level. Will try to remember to view what has "shocked some community members" the next time I'm in that vicinity. It would have been nice if the reporter had provided before/after photos to accompany her article.

View attachment 239096 View attachment 239097

Some "after" pics. note horizontal shear crack in photo showing vertical decay column; is a bit hard to see.
For the most part the work appeared to have been the removal of large dead limbs on a old tree in declining health.
Total tree height does not exceed 25 feet, lol.

Back