Ultrasonic Cleaner Solution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See I purchased an ISONIC Digital US cleaner model# D3800A Specs=Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner. Frequency 42,000 Hz. Power 35 W. Timer: 180, 280, 380, 480, 90 seconds, digital control. Stainless steel tank capacity: 600 ml/1.3 pint Unit size: 8.2"x5.7"x5.5 So no heater and small run time. I did get a response stating to run several cycles and a good rinse in between. I am going to be cleaning carb parts for chainsaws, mowers and weed wacker personal small stuff so I was needing a good tried and true tested mix ratio or formula as I am a NEWBIE!!!! and this is my first time using a US cleaner so I would rather be sure before I dive into a big mess if that makes any sense.

Italian Cello,

If you are planning on doing many mowers carburetor you will find that unit is going to be way too small. Even the Kendall 1.6 liter unit I had I was barely able to fit the 2 barrel Nikki and Briggs flojet carburetors. I did manage do it by turning carburetors over to clean the unsubmerge sides but that got to be hassle after a year of using it. I finally purchase a 6 liter unit commercial unit.

As for cleaning solution I use mainly a 2 couple Tbsps of Dawn Ultra dish soap to the 6 liters of water in mine and change out the solution when it gets dirty as that reduces the cleaning power. Also if you can avoid using the plastic basket as it too will reduce your cleaning power by about 20%.

I have one from Harbor Freight and it has not impressed me at all. If a blast of shop air through the carb holes doesn't get it, the "cleaner" won't for sure.

I use straight Simple Green and have never had an issue. A boat tech told me about straight Simple Green, it was his only means of cleaning carbs that were long discontinued. I first tried it on my spent brass and was impressed. I'll drop almost anything in there with simple green now. Works better with heat for sure. Definitely stay away from anything flammable!

I use water and purple power,,just enuf purple to turn the water colored.
in a modified HF one gal cleaner.
42KHZ with 50 watts power.

squirt carb cleaner thru all the hole immediately after pulling carb out..

I use Awesome from the dollar store, but it does oxidize aluminum if left long enough. It takes many cycles with the harbor freight US to clean a cylinder good. Then I rinse it with water and give it a couple rounds with vinegar and water to reverse or stop the oxidation.

Latest posts

Back