Unbelievable wood find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apples and oranges.

We‘re talking about not giving someone the chance to recover what they worked for and outright theft of others belongings that are left with the expectation that they would be there when they returned.

They are the same question, so just answer the question. I'm guessing you would pocket the money, and that would make you a thief.

For all you know that 20 could have fallen from the pocket of a retired aging woman, going in to buy a birthday gift for her great grandchild. Not only would you have stolen from the woman but from the child too. Maybe the woman discovered the missing money and was on her way back to her car to look for the 20, and yet you ran off with it. No Morals.

They are the same question, so just answer the question. I'm guessing you would pocket the money, and that would make you a thief.
You’re reaching, extremely far I may add,, for a comparison to make you feel better about your lack of morals.

Would you take what appeared to be an abandoned tree stand on public land? You skipped that one.

Has happened to me many times working retail for 40+. If found in parking lot, turn into customer service desk. Drops out of their pocket, point it out. Find it laying in woods, like a wallet, give them a call or turn into nearest police. It's not mine and did not labor for it.

@Short timer Now it is -- a liar, a thief and no morals. Wow! And you started this little tiff. I'm now out of time. So long buddy. :ices_rofl:
Typical of a person of your standards. Claim victory and runoff.

I already told you I would give you an answer, but you ran from my question prior to yours. I know the deflection game well and don’t partake in it.

Has happened to me many times working retail for 40+. If find in parking lot, turn into customer service desk. Drops out of their pocket, point it out. Find it laying in woods, like a wallet, give them a call or turn into nearest police. It's not mine and did not labor for it.
I found a wallet a few years back. Had a decent amount of cash in it too. I got the owners address off the drivers license and went to his house and hand delivered it. The sigh of relief on his face was more satisfying than the money I didn’t take from him when he offered me it.

I know the feeling because I’ve lost mine and it sucks, not the money, but all the other ********. Calls to credit card companies, licenses, etc.

It was a barrel feeder, had a 30 gallon barrel and i made the legs for it. had a battery operated box that threw the corn out. it was not a small thing to steal and i had just made it and put it out full of corn. sorry POS dumped the corn out and took off with it. It was on leased land that had a tall tower stand and fresh cut lanes. they knew it wasn't left there. i hate thieves.

Would you take what appeared to be an abandoned tree stand on public land? You skipped that one.
To bring this thread "full circle", I'll share what I did yesterday.... on USFS property - public land - here in Washington State.
After a dry summer, we're finally getting rain. The National Forests have reopened to firewood cutting - all you need here is a $20 permit.
As an "old retired guy" who likes to cut wood, I headed up to a local favorite area and found a couple of decent 30" down trees, and close to the road!
Three tanks of fuel through the 462 was about enough "fun" for me, the trees were bucked up,and I had about 3 pickup loads of wood cut. I loaded about a dozen rounds into my truck, and the rest is there for whoever needs firewood. As stated earlier, it's not "mine" until I load and tag it!

It was a barrel feeder, had a 30 gallon barrel and i made the legs for it. had a battery operated box that threw the corn out. it was not a small thing to steal and i had just made it and put it out full of corn. sorry POS dumped the corn out and took off with it. It was on leased land that had a tall tower stand and fresh cut lanes. they knew it wasn't left there. i hate thieves.
This thread started about PUBLIC LAND! The world is full of thieves that will steal most anything..... hope you find the thief that your feeeder!

Public land or not.
Permit or not.
Laws or not.
You took wood that someone had worked hard bucking up and was coming back for it.
I would think of that with every stick I put in the stove.
I hope you have the same happen to you in the future with wood you had cut, then you might not feel so righteous.
You buried your reputation here in this post.

After 44 years of cutting our own, my wife and I can lay down and have no problem going to sleep.
We have 20 cords that my wife and I proudly cut, split, hauled and stacked that was given to us by asking for it.

This thread started about PUBLIC LAND! The world is full of thieves that will steal most anything..... hope you find the thief that your feeeder!

This guy would take someone’s game that they shot on public land and didn’t recover yet. He openly admitted it.

Back