unbelievable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
An AS member, out of the kindness of his heart, sent me a couple of bumper strips after I posted I was missing them. Look at the picture of what I got in my mailbox. What a great world we live in. I hope the mail thief is enjoying the heck out of the scratched plastic pieces that he can't seem to identify.

Thanks for the jesture Greg. :(

An AS member, out of the kindness of his heart, sent me a couple of bumper strips after I posted I was missing them. Look at the picture of what I got in my mailbox. What a great world we live in. I hope the mail thief is enjoying the heck out of the scratched plastic pieces that he can't seem to identify.

Thanks for the jesture Greg. :(

I hate thieves!!!

Those were rare and unique bumper strips, and of great sentimental value thanks to thier bieng given to you by a complete stranger.

Make sure to call your local postmaster and report the theft.
Heisting Mail is no small offense no matter the value of what is stolen.

Heck of a nice gesture!
They rate some Rep!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The way I see it. . .

That hole appears like wear due to handling conditions rather than a deliberate opening. Improper pakaging rather than theft????

Me thinks you were a victim of "automated mail handling" as opposed to theft. Let's face it, if someone was going to steal them, why would they take them out and send the envelope on its way? They would take the whole dang thing.

Me thinks you were a victim of "automated mail handling" as opposed to theft. Let's face it, if someone was going to steal them, why would they take them out and send the envelope on its way? They would take the whole dang thing.

I never even thought of that. Why would they still send me an empty envelope? Those bumper strips are probably clogged in some mechanicized mail thrower in Western NC somewhere. But the corner was taped. So someone along the line knew it was ripped.

Bump for the question; what are bumper strips?

take off your bar nuts, remove the cover (on Stihl at least), inside the cover there are two white plastic pieces stuck in there (one for top one for bottom). I'm assuming they are for the chain to have something soft to bump into of it is jarred around?

They come right off if you pull them, and I've blown a couple out with my air hose. I thought this was contributing to me throwing my chain a lot on my 441 but every expert I've talked to says no way.

Why would they still send me an empty envelope?

But the corner was taped. So someone along the line knew it was ripped.

They are obligated by law to send whatever part of the letter or parcel that has the address. That's just the way it is. They will try to salvage whatever they can and protect what is left-i.e. taping the corner. They don't know and are too busy to look to see if there is anything else in the envelope. Plus, if it is a bill, at least the envelope arrives and the receipent can contact the sender to tell them that the item was not received intact.

Oftentimes, it will be accompanied by a form or sticker that goes on and on about how they handle xxx million pieces of mail a day and a small percentage is damaged on the high speed equipment and that they are sorry for any inconvenience.

i have a relative who delivers mail and that looks like a sorting machine jam. i have seen that happen to alot of letters that gent bent/creased in the mailing process.

I had one get caught in a machine once. I had some small screw shipped to me and the shipper just sent em in an envelope. They all made it but the envelope was taped and put inside of another envelope by the postal service.

Latest posts

Back