unknown jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorroadster

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
View attachment 314415
hi,i have a few jonsered chainsaws including 52E and a 49SP,but another has no model sticker on it.the main differance i can see is that the air filter cover is on the back not top.also the coil bolts on to the underside of the top cover,can anyone enlighten me,thanks in advance.phil.

Maybe a 66, 70, 801, or a 90. Those models had black tops on them.

jonsered 801

True, unless someone removed (and plugged) the decomp, and put an 801 plug in the corresponding hole in the top cover of a 90.

hi,have taken out the rubber plug in top cover of chainsaw,all you can see is the cooling fins,no plug,thanks for your interest.

Are you sure it isn't an 801 with a model 90 handle bracket on it?

Is there a plugged decomp hole under the plug in the top cover?

just taken out the rubber plug out of top casing,all you can see is cooling fins,no sign of blanking plug,cheers,801 it is then.

just taken out the rubber plug out of top casing,all you can see is cooling fins,no sign of blanking plug,cheers,801 it is then.

Then yes it is definitely an 80cc 801 The 801 is kind of a "bridge" model between the 80 and 90 with all the improved parts for the 90 (like better air filtration) on the 80 cases and with an 80 top end. More or less a "late model" 80...there was also a rather rare model 81 that is basically identical to the 801 and(as theory has it) was only marketed in the Northwest US...

Latest posts

Back