Unlimited 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquareFile

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Before the 661 & 241, Stihl offered the current mtronic saws with a standard carb and I think unlimited coils. I have never owned or plan on owning a Stihl with mtronic. Modded or not I think the performance sucks for what I want in a chainsaw. I've read on FB a guy saying he converted a 661 to a standard carb and installed a unlimited coil. That person never gave details on the coil but said the carb was easy. A thread was started on this site and got locked down. For what reason? I could care less. I would would like to see the true potential that the 661 could offer. 441 & 261 carb models out performed the mtronic model so I'm sure the 661 can also. If anyone has knowledge of these mods or can show more potential please join in. Thansk.

I'm currently chasing both paths of making the MTronic work like it should and making a standard adjustable carb version. I believe there are a lot of "old school" guys out there that would really appreciate the opportunity to have a standard carb on their new 661. Time will tell how this will work out. I have a friend in Germany that is installing the non-MTronic carb an coil on his ported 661C. He's been experiencing the same symptoms. There are others as well on both ported and stock saws. Is MTronic at fault? I don't know that yet, but I sure aim to find out. It's the least I can do for my customers.

Good stuff, Snelling. Us oldschool motocrossers like stuff 'one-off'. Dirt track 1/4 milers, too. always gotta be a way. There was more 9 inch Ford rears in different makes other than Fords sometimes I think.

Wizard Jr. can get his blood sugar checked or get some rest and things will be cool again.

Back