Update MS200 after app. 10 tanks of fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregHarrison

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am no proffessional user, I must say that up front. My other saw is a 260 with the muffler mod. ANyway, the 200 still cranks easily. Always idles like a dream, has plenty of power. I still love it. I know they are expensive, but due to the smaller stuff I am cutting right now, I have not cranked the 260 up since getting the 200. But I don't cut alot and not using it for production. I am amazed at how fast it will cut with only 2.2hp and the weight is about right.
Enought rambling, just thought someone might find this interesting!
Greg Harrison

Cool. Nice to hear that you are enjoying this saw. I hear lots of good things about it.

I also hear that lots of pros get bitten by these top handled saws. Take care, they are light enough that you can do really dumb things with them.

sawn_penn said:
Cool. Nice to hear that you are enjoying this saw. I hear lots of good things about it.

I also hear that lots of pros get bitten by these top handled saws. Take care, they are light enough that you can do really dumb things with them.

The 200 is not top handled... you're thinking about the 200T.

I was out cutting branches for the chipper with a 200T (yes, "T") all day today. Two hands makes it safe - nice saw... Check your muffler screen, often... assuming you left it in place :)

200... I looked at this on the web site. Cool. I'l have to think about getting one when I burn out my 180...

Lakeside53 said:
The 200 is not top handled... you're thinking about the 200T.

I was out cutting branches for the chipper with a 200T (yes, "T") all day today. Two hands makes it safe - nice saw... Check your muffler screen, often... assuming you left it in place :)

Thanks for the info, will pull that screen out, should reduce the exhaust restriction.
Greg harrison

Mike Maas said:
You mean you'll pull the screen and then re-adjust the carburetor.
THis saw of course has the limiter caps, hope only a tiny adjustment will be needed but yes I will readjust. If I am lucky, might gain a bit of hp.
thanks for the reminder
Greg

GregHarrison said:
THis saw of course has the limiter caps, hope only a tiny adjustment will be needed but yes I will readjust. If I am lucky, might gain a bit of hp.
thanks for the reminder
Greg

You may need more adjustment than you think. Many 200's will not stay below the max RPM with the screen out on the single screw carb, and you may have to remove the limiter caps if you have the adjustable H.

The most important thing is to see if it's blocking. If it is, just burn it out with a propane torch (obviously when out of the saw!). If it's not, just leave it in, particularly if you don't have a tach. 200's are hard to tune by ear - they really want to rev so get a tach if you're trying to push the limits.

Latest posts

Back