Upstate NY GTG 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, having the site off line makes all the last minute details and parts requests tough to get done. Otherwise all cranked and ready. Looking to leave here about 6:30, so I should get there a little before 8:00. With the cold start I'll be peeling layers as the day warms up, so I can get at least 3 different shirts all covered with saw chips. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys; even you Stihl types. ;)

How much to sports a 2 Idiots logging shirt? Always thought that logo was funny as hell? I have proof im an idiot is neccessary lol

And that Stihl box, is that my parts??? Woohoo!!! Thats the kinda picture i would like to see under my xmas tree! I would pee my footie pj's

Why are you bringing a helmet to a GTG? :confused:

I just keep all my stuff together in containers when not in use. Still gotta sort out what im bringing. Gotta admit though, since ive never been to one of these i wasn't sure if all PPE is required or not. I wear all PPE even when cutting up firewood. I woulda been pretty dissappointed if i showed without a piece of PPE and wasn't allowed to play :(

I just keep all my stuff together in containers when not in use. Still gotta sort out what im bringing. Gotta admit though, since ive never been to one of these i wasn't sure if all PPE is required or not. I wear all PPE even when cutting up firewood. I woulda been pretty dissappointed if i showed without a piece of PPE and wasn't allowed to play :(

Good thinking really - but if you look at pics from past GTGs, you will see that most arern't using any PPE at all, except some that use chaps and/or hearing protection.

I 'm not saying that PPE is a bad thing though. just was a bit surpriced to see the helmet. If you feel more comfortable when using it, by all means do so.

Good thinking really - but if you look at pics from past GTGs, you will see that most arern't using any PPE at all, except some that use chaps and/or hearing protection.

I 'm not saying that PPE is a bad thing though. just was a bit surpriced to see the helmet...

the mesh really helps keep the chips out of my safety glasses and built in hearing protection. spent 10 years on the railroad, they beat the "safety" aspect into you until you feel naked without it. let alone the chance of being fired caught without lol

Latest posts

Back