URGENT HELP 084 or 088 throttle linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok this is starting to piss me off. I'm stumped. Can someon please please please post a few pictures of the throttle linkage on an 084 or 88. I'm working on a saw that someone else tore down and my mind is mush. I'm not thinking outside the box or I'm too focused on the wrong way. Excuses excuses.

The trigger was broken so I took the trigger out of parts 46 which the net showed as the same part number as what I had. Anyways however I keep putting this back together I cannot achieve "full throttle" with the linkage. The trigger maxes out and the butterfly isn't open... I put the broke trigger in and it appears to be the same situation...arghhh

Don't have any pics but the rod that is bent goofy goes to the carb. The other two rods that are straight go to choke and trigger. I'll see if I have any pics but I don't think so

Thanks, that is how I have it but for what ever reason I cannot the the arm to engage the butterfly... If you happen across some pics maybe I can see what I'm doing wrong. I've got about 4hrs on it today trying to figure it out...Stuck...I'm not a master mechanic but i rebuild quite a few saws, I feel like I've got my butt kicked today..

Ok I may have figured it out... So I look up the PN for the trigger and it gives me 1128 182 1005 (which is the same as the 46, 66 etc so:

Either discontinued the old trigger and updated (standardized) to the above PN. Doing this you would also have to update to a different throttle link (goofy bent rod) to use the new trigger.

Or the info that I got on the PN was not correct and the correct trigger is different to match up with the stock throttle link.
Which it appears to have a little different shape than the 1128 182 1005 and allows it to work with the stock throttle link. I can't tell for sure because the trigger itself is broken off the stock parts. So, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT OR AN ACTUAL PN FOR THE TRIGGER ON AN 084AV?
THANKS

From my Media Cat info the 084 takes the throttle trigger, pt# 1124 182 1000, the first throttle rod, pt# 1124 128 1500 connects the trigger to the double lever,pt# 1124 182 0800, the throttle rod pt# 1124 182 1505 connects the double acting lever to the carb

I have the 084 ,088 and new model 880 manuals it seems the only change was for the latest 880 and its only for the double lever and short throttle rod,the difference is minimal , 084 ,088 and earlier 880 all share the same part and part numbers
trigger-1124 182 1000
throttle rod-1124 182 1500
throttle rod-1124 182 1505
chock rod- 1124 185 1900

Cancel the pics, thanks for the offer.

Thanks for the PN's it looks like I was given the wrong PN that I was trying to use.
I found a used trigger with the above PN and I'll install it. Thanks for the info on the interchange between the 88 & 84!
Thanks for the help guys, I was frustrated, think I got it now. Guess that what happen when you try and make the wrong parts fit... I know now what not to do :)

Latest posts

Back