Used chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YVC

Reaction score
Hello, I was looking for a used chipper , preferably a Vermeer 1250 or similar machine. Don,t mind if the engine is blown. My queston was what to look for on a used machine other than engine that could be trouble? Do the disks ever get bent or warped? Do the hydraulic motors turning the feed wheels go bad very often? Are they fairly expensive? I am not a full time arborist but a farmer with acres of saplings to clear. Have rented a couple of machines before but thought I would like to have my own if I could do it cheaply enough.
Any thoughts apprieciated.
Thanks, YC

For a farmer looking to clear fence rows, have you looked into the tractor mounted chippers that run off the pto? I had a customer I was chipping brush for, till he bought himself a chipper for his tractor. I have no idea what kind he got, but he was very happy with it. I think he said he paid around $1400 for it.

There are some very good deals on Pto models both on Ebay and in used equipment auctions and classifieds-probably the way to go for a farmer.

Back