*USED* stihl 361 OR husqvarna 365 special??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 365 does weigh more, about 11 ounces. It also has more h.p. 4.6 to 4.4 for the 361. A real plus would be if it had the Walbro carb that is used on the 372, many 365's did.
If its a 365 "special" then chances are that it does have a Walbro carb. Then a 372 jug would be an easy retrofit.:rock:

alright. thanks for all the input guys! if he decides to get the 365 i'll post some pics on here. thanks again

I own a 365sp, and it's my primary saw and I don't see that changing. It's not too heavy (I've got it with a 20") and packs a punch. I'll sink it into 35+" hardwood and it doesn't skip a beat. Love that saw so much. I was a Stihl only guy up until that Husky, and the 365sp made me realize that there's stuff out there that cuts as well as any Stihl.

As SkippyKtm said, if it's a Special then it'll most likely have the Walbro carb (mine is and does).

I've never run a 361 so can't comment on them, but I'm sure they're a good saw too. I just wouldn't pass up that 365 at that price. It's a steal.

I think ya did sweet. 300 smackers is a good price on a saw that clean. It should do you right. :chainsaw:

Very dissappointed. That looks very used. pm me and I'll give you an address to send it so we can properly dispose of it LOL!
Seriously, Nice saw! and a nice price.They're a good firewood saw and with a little port work you can make that saw keep up with a stock 372 all day long. :msp_wink:

This is my thinking. The 361 is a good saw but I would go with the 365. The 365 is built on a 372 chasis. That saying the 372 is on legendary status. The bottom end was designed and well suited for the 372s higher horsepower and would last for a few thousand hours. The 365 being less horsepower and using that same lower end makes almost for a bullet proof bottom end. less power = less stress on the well proven bottom end. OOOOps. I looked back and see you already got the 365. Nice clean saw. I had a 362 Husqvarna I used for firewood. I sold it. I wished I had it back. I liked it better than the 361 I got.

Last edited:
OK ........... CAD dictates you buy them both , post some pics , burn some fuel and then talk about which id the better saw for you , I know which is the better saw for me .

The 365 does weigh more, about 11 ounces. It also has more h.p. 4.6 to 4.4 for the 361. A real plus would be if it had the Walbro carb that is used on the 372, many 365's did.

That hp difference is only present when the 361 is a US sold VB MS361, not anywhere else....:msp_wink:

thanks for the compliments and comments, guys :rock:

so...anyone interested in buying a few salvagable parts from the 361?? PM me

Latest posts

Back