Used Stihl MS361 Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw has several HUNDRED hours on it at the least. That kind of bar wear, and obvious abuse with the missing brake paddle and cracked air filter cover, good to just avoid it. Liars are not worth doing business with.

Good 361s come up for $350-450 around here on CL and many are actually and honestly near new. Usually people buy them after big storms and use them to cut up a tree or a few trees, and then they sell them. Have patience, they are out there. They also come up on AS here in the Trading Post.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll pass on this one.

Good that you passed on that sale. I agree that saw had 'way' more than the stated 20 hours on it. That saw was used hard/abused and probably put away without any maintanence.

Where did you find that for sale, Craigslist, newspaper ad, or local sales flyer?

:agree2:

It takes 50 hours to scratch the bar paint on a Stihl.;)

Good call on waiting.

Somebody dropped that saw off the wood in the back of the truck, and it fell down the grand Canyon!

15 hours!!!:dizzy:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Good that you passed on that sale. I agree that saw had 'way' more than the stated 20 hours on it. That saw was used hard/abused and probably put away without any maintanence.

Where did you find that for sale, Craigslist, newspaper ad, or local sales flyer?

:agree2:

It was listed on CL, Gainesville, FL

The initials on it make it worth even less. That magic marker is hard to get off completely. Ask me how I know this.....

Good thing you posted pics. That saved you a big headache, and allowed people here to be helpful.

Latest posts

Back