Using burnt oil as bar oil....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waste cooking oil thrown out by retaurants could be worse than waste motor oil, but neither is any good. I repaired three saws this past summer that were using waste cooking oil in the bar oil tank. One burned out the needle bearing, and the other two ruined the clutch springs from over heating. I'm surprised the bars survived.

I have more work than I can do so I can refuse if I want to. I too wash my hands when they get dirty for 57 yrs. I'm not killing $75.00 solution in parts washer because of used motor oil. Last one that weaned me used waste oil from diesel tractor.
Shep

I have more work than I can do so I can refuse if I want to. I too wash my hands when they get dirty for 57 yrs. I'm not killing $75.00 solution in parts washer because of used motor oil. Last one that weaned me used waste oil from diesel tractor.
Shep
so what's wrong with a little burnt Rotella T ?

Old oil is disgusting.
I don’t want that on my tools or land .

Itasca is good cheap bar oil.
Has some clingy agent in it that hangs onto the bar but cleans off of the saw...plus no smell.... good stuff.
I agree and I also use Itasca bar oil.

Latest posts

Back