Using the VT on your lanyard!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
Is anyone using the VT on their lanyard? What concerns me is the comment that JPS said in another thread. He stated that you have to watch out for any contact with the top coils as it might make the hitch release. On a lanyard that is pulled tight towards the tree I am wondering about the coils coming in contact with the tree and maybe releasing the hitch. I guess this goes for any hitch, but the VT is so responsive. Thanx, Rich.

By the way-Rich I've tried a vt on a lanyard but decided that I prefer a Distel-less slop and more secure even if you have a mini Mike likeness on the end of the lanyard.

When I use a friction hitch for a lanyard adjuster I tie it directly to my side D. Before securing the end I slip the rope through the eye of a small brass swivel snap. Then I clip the snap between the hitches. Makes a close up lanyard.

Tom

That happend to me once, because I was so used to the more static knots I did not check the set of my hitch all the time.

My rerason for bringing it up is that with the mor dynamic hitches we need to ensure they are set. Just another tradeoff.

When I picked up the last winch I sold, Greg Good showed me the ART positioners he just had shipped in. Way better then a friction hitch and less bulky then a Grillon. No money allocated for it, but i got a Cube finnnaly.

How much is Greg charging for those cubes??

The ART positioners are pretty smooth. I wouldn't mind having one. Small and smooth - ;)

Greg is the lead importer for ART, he will not sell directlly to the industry. Cant PO his vendors.

Since I started looking for deals for people here on the site, I'm no longer affilliated with Good Rigging. I'll ask around on cube prices and get back to you. I know a few vendors who are willing to work things out.

Though shipping is usually the biggest limiting factor on that.

Back