Value of a straight gassed stihl 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dph1256

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A co-worker may be selling a a 361 that got wood splitter has put in it. What is a good price?

I was thinking $100 and wanted to know if that was ball park. Is it going to need just a cylinder and piston? Bearings too?

I was thinking $100 and wanted to know if that was ball park. Is it going to need just a cylinder and piston? Bearings too?
That's exactly why a $50 price tag is appropriate for something with all this in question. For all a buyer knows it could end up needing a new cylinder and crankshaft, that's a gamble a smart buyer avoids.

That's exactly why a $50 price tag is appropriate for something with all this in question. For all a buyer knows it could end up needing a new cylinder and crankshaft, that's a gamble a smart buyer avoids.
Just got burned on an impulse buy. Take your time and ask questions.

Is that one of those four stroke chainsaws.? Lol. Sorry I had too ask.

The difference between a two stroke saw that’s been run on straight gas is how much your willing to spend to fix it. We can never really lose it’s only paper money.

Ok I purchased a wornout husky 162 saw. example $175, Add a new meteor piston, caber ring, gasket set, c bearings, seals let’s say the parts cost is $100. But lucked out the crank and cylinder is ok.

Back