Value of NOS ms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayh56757

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to buy up to 4 nos ms660 saws from a dealer going out of business. Don't reall need one but they are willing to bargain. I'm Wondering what I might be able to get for any that I re-sell. Also what options to look for. He didn't know year of mfg. All are boxed up. No dealer set up has been done. Unfortunately pro saws are not easy to sell around here, especially big ones so I would need to sell online.

Knock-offs...

No labels, incorrect manual, etc..

Flag that post.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is an interesting thread for me. As my local dealer has a 2011 ms660 thats has been on the self in the showroom for years. I was always wondering what would be a fair price i could get it for.

If you go to see these saws ask to take off the clutch cover It should have a stihl part # on the inside cover or underneath the filter cover.
the filter should be a HD 1 or 2. its truly a knockoff hoping that a guy is blinded by the cheap price or inexperience of saw knowledge.
I'm not refereeing nothing towards you. Just saying

Everything looks wrong here. To begin with...the CL AD says "I am selling these for a family owned dealership"...immediately injecting a 'middle-man' needed to sell four NOS 660's??...Come on. Might be selling them for a family-owned all-u-can eat Chinese buffet. :laugh:

There's not a knowledgeable Stihl dealer on this planet who would unbox those things and not start to smell ******** if they were received by them from the factory. Badging, sticker, owners manual, etc...all as mentioned in previous posts just reak of a scam. No doubt in my mind these things came from a factory...a sweatshop in downtown Beijing. I think you'd probably find a better looking knockoff from a shop in Tijuana, lol.

I guess maybe Stihl started using peel and stick 'Stihl' stickers that the owner gets to apply to the clutch cover as well...lol. Funny...I've always seen the Stihl logo molded into the cover. I wouldn't offer this seller $660 for all four of'em.

If these things are the real deal, I'll certainly eat my words no doubt...but something tells me I ain't got nuthin' to worry about there. ;)

Latest posts

Back