Value of Stihl MS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a chance to do some horse trading with a friend of a friend. Long story short, this guy has a new Stihl MS 460 that he wants to trade for a firearm that I have.

He bought this saw earlier this year in anticipation of helping some guys build a log house. Well.....for whatever reason, the log house didn't materialize.

So now....he has a saw that he has no real use for. My buddy mentioned to his buddy (saw owner) that I was "into" firearms. The guy is interested in a couple of handguns that I have.

I've seen the saw, and the guy swears that he's never started it. From the looks of the saw, I believe him.

I just need an idea as to the market value of the MS 460.

TIA!!

Check eBayware for ended auctions. Look for descriptions such as: like new, as new, mint condition, etc. Also consider the shipping, bar length, chain type, extra goodies, etc. Then to further complicate things take into consideration that you have a chance to handle, & hopefully test, this saw. You should be able to get a good idea what the saw would be worth.

Aw ra best, Chris J.

New from the dealer 460s with a warranty sell for between $650 and $700.

Since you friend can`t give you the warranty or dealer services and good will as a customer, the saw shouldn`t bring a penny more than $575 IMO, and I think that really is the outer limit.

Russ

Around here, you'll pay near or more than $800, with a full wrap ($50), depending on bar, as they're usually sold with a 28" or 32".

(And please everyone save your comments that 28" and 32" is too much for a 460, because I know alot of you are thinking that.)

Jeff

Latest posts

Back