vermeer 1000xl/feed back/price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesurgeon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have changed my tune to the 12 inch vermeer 1000xl. Compact size, look and 4200 pounds look attractive for me now. what feed back do you have and what price will i expect for a new one.

I love that machine. Had one for a year, use it most every day, no problems, and it chips like a bigger machine. All my employees were dedicated Bandit fans, begged me to get a 12" Bandit, and every one of them loves it too. It looks funny and small, but it's anything but.

You should be able to get the price down under 20.

Under 20 wow Bandit is quoting ~ $28,700 the 250xp. I know BC1000XL is cheaper but that is a lot cheaper! Ok BC1000XL is back in the running again for my money. Thanks a lot

Fred, bought the right machine. It fit the circumstance he had. He needed a light weight chipper that would chip 12". The Morbark machines at 12" were too heavy and the machines which weighed in his range were too small. This is the 1000xl stength.

It is a lightweight machine which will accept 12". We can argue how well it chips 12" with only 85hp at Colo. altitude but it will accept the material. I regret that Fred did not buy our machine but he did give us a fair chance. Consider your options. If weight is a big issue than I would have to say Vermeer has an edge. If build and horsepower is your choice than check out Morbark and Bandit, both will out chip that 1000xl.

Good Luck.

Paul

I'm not a big fan of 12 inch chippers, to handle big wood, but to get wide crotch angles and stuff multiple branches in at once.

For it's size and power the BC1000 is the best in it's class. If you're doing a lot of removals all the time then I would go with the Morbark.

Another thing i like about the BC is that you have the autofeed and speedwheel fedd adjustments on it stock. plus the clutch system is near idiot proof.

Vermeer designed it for the residetial trimming market, and they di it right.

One drawback is they had the exhaust ducted through the discarge chute, enough people disliked it that they have a standard pipe now that will blow into bushes if on a driveway.

I have no experience with this model but agree whole heartedly with John-big capacities show their advantage in being able to handle crooked, limby brush. As far as I'm concerned-big stuff gets salvaged for firewood but small capacity machines (like mine) make for a lot more time spent trimming and feeding because the feed entrance jams with an armload of crooked stuff.I've never used a 12" capacity machine but the difference between a 4.5" and a 9" is immense-even when you chip nothing over 4".

If i were to by a chipper, my minimum criteria would be

12 inch infeed hight with a wider width
85 hp diesel
adjustable roller speed
adjustable auto feed

Latest posts

Back