Vermeer 352/ holt eraser double rear wheels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a holt eraser stump grinder. It is 65 horse diesel and very top heavy. The rear wheel base is too close and isn't equipped with double wheels in the back, making it very unstable. I going to fabricate something that I can attach an outer wheel to each side of the rear wheels but haven't decided how yet. I also have 2 vermeer 352's that have double rear wheels. Although they are both the same model, they have different methods of attaching the double wheel. One has a tube that fits within the out edges of the inner wheel and is attached by three long bolts attached thru 3 smaller tubes on the inside of the tube that the bolts fit thru and are attached to the hub thru 3 holes tapped into it, the other has one tube running thru the center of the out wheel hub and is attached to the inner wheel hub thru a hole tapped into the axle. What I'm looking for is used outer wheels from vermeer 352's that I can use to experiment with and get it right. Since the 352 are notorious for bad engines, I'm figuring there may be more than a few around. The Holt Eraser has potential, but right now it is just an ugly lawn ornament.

Latest posts

Back