Vermeer 352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Whilst i'm relatively happy with the machine I wish i'd bought a higher hp machine,I was on a 4' ash stump Saturday and to be honest the machine was to slow for my liking..

I'm also disappointed with the amount of sweep only 40'',no more than the 252..

All in all the machine is OK for the money but,I just wish it was 2 sizes bigger if you know what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean. I demoed the 352. The power was decent but the radius sucked. Spent most of the time moving it around on the bigger stumps. I just bought SC60 TX. I haven't even used it for grinding yet, just getting used to the controls and the weather here is getting very close to grinding season. With the zero turn and the ease of positioning and the big hosepower I'm expecting this machine to rock.

demo'd a 35hp rayco and a 60hp rayco recently it was night and day in comparison. too much $$$

ROLLACOSTA said:
All in all the machine is OK for the money but,I just wish it was 2 sizes bigger if you know what I mean...

The next size up is 60hp for a desiel, the problem is that no one makes proper mid sized machines.. I do a lot of domestic, road side work, a 60hp machine is physically too big for me, but the 352 fits most jobs.

What we need is a midsize machine, plenty of power 45hp perhaps....narrow but expandable, not too expensive, built in helium bags to enable it to float into gardens and with the facility to sharpen its own teeth!!!! :cheers:

stumpy66 said:
The next size up is 60hp for a desiel, the problem is that no one makes proper mid sized machines.. I do a lot of domestic, road side work, a 60hp machine is physically too big for me, but the 352 fits most jobs.

What we need is a midsize machine, plenty of power 45hp perhaps....narrow but expandable, not too expensive, built in helium bags to enable it to float into gardens and with the facility to sharpen its own teeth!!!! :cheers:

Too damn right...:cheers:

stumpy66 said:

ain that the truth. LOL!

Well Stumpy the SC60 TX fits some of the criteria. It is expandable, is similar in size to the 352 and is actully narrower in the narrow mode (same width as the 252) 60hp, goes absolutely anywhere. Does not have the helium bags but maybe an option and the price........well it should include the helium bags and an automatic sharpener :laugh: :laugh:

My goal this year is a rayco RG 50, The 25 and 35 hp machines are good and have their place but sometimes a little more hp is nice to have. With the new rg 90 87 hp hitting the street I have noticed some lower pricing on the rg 50. They are a bit pricey new, but I have seen quite a few used ones for sale that look like they might be a decent deal. Helium bags would be a nice option, but my kids would probably steal the fill tank and have a party. :)

Latest posts

Back