vermeer bc 935 engine swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weather man

Reaction score
Has anyone done a engine swap for the wisconsin w4-1770 35 hp and if so what engine did you use and what has to be done.

Has anyone done a engine swap for the wisconsin w4-1770 35 hp and if so what engine did you use and what has to be done.
My 935 had a Perkins diesel motor. With a 935 parts manual you should be able to determine what is needed to convert from gas to diesel.
But I doubt it would be worth the cost, Vermeer parts can be very expensive.
If you register the 935 on the Vermeer web site they will send you parts and maintenance manuals free of charge.

My 935 had a Perkins diesel motor. With a 935 parts manual you should be able to determine what is needed to convert from gas to diesel.
But I doubt it would be worth the cost, Vermeer parts can be very expensive.
If you register the 935 on the Vermeer web site they will send you parts and maintenance manuals free of charge.
ok thanks

There will be many changes that you will have to make when swapping to a different brand of motor. You will have to reconfigure the motor mounts. This can be a pain staking process. You will also have to consider the following:
-Radiator (The Wisconsin is a air cooled engine and you will have to figure out how to mount a radiator.)
-Air Cleaner Plumbing
-Muffler
-Engine Sheave

I normally don't recommend changing to a different brand. I tell my customers to stick with the brand that they have. I know Wisconsin's are no longer made but you might want to consider a rebuild.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Back