vermeer935

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemite

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anyone had much experience with a 935? considering buying one slightly used, 400 hrs.

I had one with a 50 horsepower Perkins diesel , purchased in new condition back in 1998, wish I still had it. I traded it in for a new wood chuck WC 17 high roller wich I am not to happy with. My next purchase will be a Woodsman 15X. I had one demo'ed for me, and they are amazing. They also have a 12X wich is not to shanty either. They have a lot of user friendly options, are heavy duty, have full 37" lengh knives, are powdercoated, etc. Check them out but whatever you do dont buy gas, get diesel all the way.

If you are in the market for a 9 inch chipper, I highly recommend the Bandit 90. Or Morbark, I'm not sure the model #. The Vermeer has tiny feed rollers, and while capable of chipping the same size material, is a pain to feed. I doubt if you could find a Vermeer BC 1000 or other 9-10 inch new model good chipper in the same price range, but they are good units.

You could also look for a Bandit 65, while only a 6 inch chipper, and light duty, it is a better than a 935, I think. Same goes for the 6 inch Morbark.

I had a 935 with the Perkins 50. It was an excellent chipper, light and strong. We chipped plenty of 9" logs (softer cedar) but it was still an excellent machine. Wish I still had it for smaller jobs as it is easy to tow. If you are trimming branches, etc. it is a good size as the feed table is fairly good size for a chipper of that size.

DO NOT go with the wisconsin gas or Deutz air cooled if you find one used! Perkins ran great! I used Wisconsin gas and Deutz and hated it. That's not to say that Deutz didn't make an excellent diesel it's just that the air cooled got clogged.

You might be happier with a 1230 or 1250 as they are more forgiving on crotchy limbs...

I worked for a gentlemen that had a 935. This one had the 50hp Perkins diesel. This is a real good chipper! The only thing that I didn't like was that 9 in. wood was pushing it a little. The shoot seemed to be a little tight for 9 in. wood. Would I buy one, I sure would. This is the only chipper that I have any experience with. No down time and an excellent, dependable chipper!

Latest posts

Back