vermont castings resolute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies. I'll check it out this weekend and let y'all know what I come up with.
You can't see the entire combustor unless you remove the rear arch bricks and even then, unless it is severely deteriorated you won't be able to see inside the combuster.

The upper fire back is what the damper is attached to. It normally warps and cracks at the bottom right in the middle.

sent from a field

Good stuff. I'm becoming more apprehensive and I haven't even seen the stove yet. Is it easy to determine which resolute model and vintage?
I'm tempted to just stick with my Napolean..... but will inspect the VC for damage. Maybe I'll take some pics and post here before I make the leap.
thanks

There should be a tag on the back of the stove. If it has a heat deflector attached, you'll need to remove it to get the specific model number and other information.

The older vintage are great stoves, at least mine is. They heat well but could use larger fireboxes to increase burn time.

I'm specifically referring to my 2490 Resolute Acclaim. I want to replace it for 1 reason only... Longer burn times. I'm gone most of the day and we heat the house solely with wood and I want to simplify the process for my wife. A stove that can heat 2400 sqft and get 10 hour burn times would be ideal, if not a minimum. My stove can heat the space, but I only get 4-6 hour burn times using hard woods. And thats usually letting it go to coals.

Back