Veterans day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vietnam 1968; USAF. Misfit~: Six months with Vietnamese Army / six months with 3rd Marine Division. Intelligence(Combat reporting) IDASC.

I was in the Navy 1968-1972. Aviation electrician. Spent 2 1/2 years going to school in Jacksonville Fla.
I had an excellent tour of duty. I got far more out of my service than I gave unlike many who sacrificed.

My great great great grandfather fought in the War of 1812 in a Kentucky regiment. He was born in 1782 and is buried about 10 miles from here.

My grandfather fought it the Spanish American war.

My father was a Chief electrician in a B-17 squadron in WWII and spent the whole war in the Aleutian Islands. He was from Jacksonville and his brother also joined the Navy and never left Jacksonville.

Thanks to all who served.

69 to 73.
To all the Veterans thank you. Especially those who got drafted and went in without all the whinning and complaining and just made the best of it. There were some good times and bad times but for a young punk at 18 it was exciting to say the least.

A special something for our boys (and girls) in the guard who are still activated for Sandy relief.

Son is sleeping on the couch. In the morning I'll take him back to the airport for the return flight to West Point. He could have gone to any college in the USA but chose to serve his country. Proud of him.

Latest posts

Back