Video: Forest Management the Vermont Way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growth Ring Comparison

I learned something new from the growth ring comparison. Makes me think differently about the trees I cut on my wood lot.

I always feel guilty about cutting the big ones...who am I to decide that a 100 year old tree should be cut...but that is convincing proof that it helps the woods overall.

It must be an amazing career for these guys to be able to see that 37 years later, they can confirm that they've done good work.

How unique is that tug-and-fall move with the skidder near the end (with the slow motion landing)?

Looks like a great way to land the tree in the best place, but wow that must take nerves of steel to get the timing right.

I guess as he says...after 30 years they ought to have learned something!

Yes, I can't believe they are pulling trees over like that and it works! But I don't think any of those trees are 200 years old.

Yup...I was wondering the same thing.

They don't look like 200 years old...but perhaps in dense woods they grow more slowly.

Great video, thanks for sharing. I love the way those guys work together. We stopped by Shelburne farms last fall. That place has a lot of history, and a lot of land. Very cool place to visit if you are in the area.

Back