Video of my completed tree puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesquirrel

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is a video of the puller I fabricated for my bobcat. I can clamp the tree and get positive pressure for pushing, then clamp the root ball to pull it out. I can then pick it up and carry it to the chipper where we cut and chip the top then cut off the roots.

This tree was about 10-12 inches and I really designed it for 8 inch trees so this was pushing the machine a bit too hard. It still got it pulled up but with much more effort than the smaller trees.

I have already drawn up the CAD file of a more advanced unit with improvements over this prototype. If you put this on a bigger machine than my S250 it would do some pretty good sized pines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eX2ZH3NOo

That is awesome! I've got to have one. I've got several jobs on the books right now that would be perfect for that attachment. I like the OT tracks on your bobcat, it looks like they really help out a lot. Mine would have been spinning tires in that clay. Great video!

That is awesome! I've got to have one. I've got several jobs on the books right now that would be perfect for that attachment. I like the OT tracks on your bobcat, it looks like they really help out a lot. Mine would have been spinning tires in that clay. Great video!

Yes, those tracks have been a Godsend. I cannot believe how well they improve the machine. It gives me the pushing power I need for this and lots of other stuff. The red clay was slick from rain and I could still get my job done. No way with tires.

I will be building another one soon, steel has been ordered already. I will make a few improvements on the design of the upper grabber and go with two cylinders on the jaws. this unit has one side fixed and the other has the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back